WTB Resolute

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

PaulB2

WTB Resolute

Post by PaulB2 »

I'm contemplating going tubeless on my Arkose and while the rims are tubeless compatible the tyres aren't. Does anyone have any long term experience of WTB Resolutes since they look like a good all rounder? In the longer term, I'd like to switch to 650b but that'd need new wheels so don't have the budget for that.
Bearlegged

Re: WTB Resolute

Post by Bearlegged »

I wouldn't say long term experience yet, but...
Bought these in 700x42c with the intention of using them for the Badger Divide route. I wanted as large a volume as I could fit in my frame (Cotic Escapade), something that wouldn't clag up as soon as the going got even slightly gloopy, and as lightweight as reasonably possible (for the size/grip). 42c and a claimed weight of 460g ticked two of those boxes. I set them up tubeless, ~40PSI for somewhere around 100kg total bike, luggage and rider weight.

First ride was 140km of 95% tarmac roads. They weren't the ideal tyre for that (my G-Ones would have been better), but I wanted to make sure they'd seated OK, the tubeless set up was working etc. Initial impressions were good, in that they rolled well, didn't feel too draggy.
Next stop was Scotland. Here they were absolutely great. Gripped well on all the gravelly estate roads, very predictable when cornering on loose stuff, gave enough grip on the earthy stuff (it was just before the blazing hot spell we got in May, trail conditions were a moix of dry and just been rained on, but nothing gloopy).
Back in the Peak District, they continued to work well. Hardpack, gravel, loose rocky trails, all good.

I've not put in enough time and distance to rate them for longevity, but am really happy with them so far.
postierich

Post by postierich »

Have them on my Slate and one year of use in the Lakes and they are fine would recommend!
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll give them a go
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

how do they size up compared to a nano 700x40?
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Mine come up at 43mm wide on 22.5mm internal width rims.
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

oh, not gonna fit then ta! nanos are the limit for my frame