Ultra-endurance MTB Events?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Justchris

Re: Ultra-endurance MTB Events?

Post by Justchris »

Scotlands european, anyway, Alasdair and Tam of this forum did a low profile race recently. Sort of bikepacking but you could do it in 20 hours if you are really quick. Gary tompsett organised it. It's from Glasgow docks, milnigavie, up the whw, then using a variation of the great glen to Inverness. Sorry can't remember the actual name of the event.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Some great events out there in the continent, which could tempt me back. One observation though, from my limited experience; I found mountain biking etiquette in the Euro Alps Vs N.America analogous to skiing in those areas; A lot more polite in America, and a lot more...'assertive' in Europe!
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

JustChris - sounds like the GT24
Justchris

Post by Justchris »

boxelder wrote:JustChris - sounds like the GT24
Yes thanks.
And it seems to be Facebook group entry.

C
Javi

Post by Javi »

boxelder wrote:JustChris - sounds like the GT24
Much longer than 8-20 hours time limit Richard asked. I'd say it belongs to ITT non stop through the night type rather than a long day in the saddle mtb marathon.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Looks like signup for that Hero Dolomites event opens in a couple of weeks (13th). I've checked out flights etc to it and its a bit of a pain to get to, but it looks like the scenery will be well worth the effort.

I've decided that I'm probably going to sign up for the hardest version of the Salzkammergut, but if I'm not where I want to be on my fitness by the time it rolls around, I'll switch to one of the easier versions (as obviously I'll have booked flights / accommodation etc).

Edit - Although oddly it doesn't seem to list Course A (the insane 210km one) as a registration option. I wonder if you have to qualify for that or something. I guess I'll see when the 2018 registration opens up.
cycleofaddiction

Post by cycleofaddiction »

There's a half hour programme on the Bike Channel about the gigantes de piedra mtb ultra in Spain, 200km 6,500m of climbing !!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Was thinking of that one in 2019.