I'm hooked - Whats on the horizon?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

FLV

I'm hooked - Whats on the horizon?

Post by FLV »

OK, so following the BB200 I'm already lookin for the next event / ITT.

I know winter is a pain but theres probably some other events worth a crack at right?

What are peoples plans? or was one enough?
barney

Re: I'm hooked - Whats on the horizon?

Post by barney »

after a washout at the WRT this year my plans are to try and get fit enough to ride BB200 2013

really inspired by some of the posts... although Ian's efforts actually put me off !!! :o
Wait for me...
Chew

Post by Chew »

If you're looking for more 'races' the others in the pipeline are:

http://www.cairngormsloop.net/
http://www.highlandtrail.net/
Ian

Post by Ian »

Yep, Cairngorm Loop is probably the next step up in terms of "formal" events, and beyond that the Highland Trail is longer again. Plenty of other challenges out there though. Fast and light passage of the North England Coast to Coast, West Highland Way double, Trans Cambrian way double, etc.

Barney - I'm with you on this, but don't let me put you off. When the BB200 was first announced, I thought - "cool, a nice two days ride will be great". Then at the last minute someone decided to award different colour badges depending on your finish time. You know the rest already :roll:
FLV

Post by FLV »

I do plan on being there for the cairngorms loop mass start, should be good.
You're right, there are deffinately plenty of things out there already established.

Whilst its a shame winter seems to be setting in I really shouldnt let that put me off too much, night riding isnt so bad, you just have to carry a little more. Getting out and putting the miles in riding on your own, in the dark, after work is probably the hardest part.
(I've already started saving up for some decent lights as mine just dont have the staying power)
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

I hadn't heard about the Highland Trail event next year. Looks great and piqued my interest (although technically I'm having a quiet year next year :lol:).
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Mach & Back still on for Jan?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Mach & Back still on for Jan?
Yep, Jan 12th/13th ... pack yer thermals ;)
May the bridges you burn light your way
zigrat

Post by zigrat »

I have a copy of the entire route of the Trans-Scotland race somewhere, plan on putting it into bikehike over the winter so if anyone's interested it would make a major challenge and would also feature some amazing singletrack and 4 of the seven stanes (Glentress, Inners, Ae, Dalbeattie) and 2 other trail centres (Drumlanrig and Mabie). let me know if you want a copy of the route.

Was also looking at the Arran bike club website - looks possible to put together a 100km loop if anyone fancies an unofficial "race" or test next springtime....
FLV

Post by FLV »

zigrat wrote: Was also looking at the Arran bike club website - looks possible to put together a 100km loop if anyone fancies an unofficial "race" or test next springtime....
I like the sound of that!