Revelate Tangle (old model) compatibility for tt bag

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Revelate Tangle (old model) compatibility for tt bag

Post by redefined_cycles »

Guys. If someone can advise. I have a Revelate Tangle which is a snug fit in my frame. Its vaguely exciting though and I even manage to use 2 × 750 ml bottles by swapping around to downtube when one is empty.

Q I have is: which tootube bags will work. I plan on getting a stembag (thinking apidura cos of slimline and ease of purchasing) to sit at the seatube/toptube junction and dont want to faff about get an incompatible item then returning etc... Any help appreciated on what BBs have managed with.

Also, which mount do I need to attach an extra bottle under the downtube? (No eyelets)

Thanks in advance
johnnystorm

Re: Revelate Tangle (old model) compatibility for tt bag

Post by johnnystorm »

Gorilla clip works well for mounting another cage. Just take the buttons off and bolt a cage to it using the captive nuts.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Regarding bags the alpkit ones usually have a ladder stitched arrangement so you can be pretty flexible with the Velcro placement. As they make them themselves you might be able to spec the zip direction, etc.
Chew

Post by Chew »

I have a brand new Apidura one (still has the tags on) if you're interested? Just doesnt work for me.

I can post some dimensions up if that helps and you're always welcome to pop around to give it a try first.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

My bags are all Revelate

My top tube bags (by stem and seat post) work really well with the velcro attachment points of the Tangle (which they should given they're the same manufacturer!)

So would recommend those. Not sure what others would fit

Zippy took some photos on our recent trip, my Solaris was set up with those bags - https://www.flickr.com/photos/zippyonli ... 346550253/
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Thanks guys... Thing with the Revelate bag is that its always a pain to find. Alpkit just doesn't do it for me... Chew... If the Apidura is the standard (not longer version) then I reckon it will fit spot on (how much please Chew and when/where to collect??)...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

The Revelate bags are all designed to work with each other.