Thule Tour Rack - The Answer?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dagonny

Thule Tour Rack - The Answer?

Post by Dagonny »

'Lo
Has anyone any experience of the Thule Tour Rack? I took my fully laden bike out for a trial run but even with the rear suspension fully locked out the rear tyre was ripping the arse out of my seat pack. The wife says I can't buy a new bike (she went on to clarify that when she said "new" she meant "another". She knows me too well..) anyhow I was thinking about the Thule goodies but they're not cheap and I'm on thin ice already regarding impulse buying. Are they any good? I'd be looking to carry my tent and not much else, weight wise.

Cheers.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Thule Tour Rack - The Answer?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I tested one many years ago before Thule bought it and they were still called Freeload. In in all I was very impressed - stable, easy enough to fit / remove and works on 99% of bikes.

If you think it's the answer to your question then you shouldn't be disappointed, however I wouldn't bolt something to my bike that was heavier than the thing I was hoping to carry :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
ScotRoutes

Re: Thule Tour Rack - The Answer?

Post by ScotRoutes »

Remember that any load on it will rise up and meet the bottom of your saddle when the suspension compresses :grin: