FS: Surly 'Karate Monkey'

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

gairym

FS: Surly 'Karate Monkey'

Post by gairym »

Up for grabs is my Surly 'Karate Monkey' complete 29er!

It's a great bike and perfect for bikepacking/general mountain biking duties (as well as convertible into a great commuter, tourer and/or all-rounder).

Spec is as follows:

Frame: Surly 'Karate Monkey' (Large/Black)
Forks: Manitou 'Minute 29er'
Chainset: Shimano 'LX'
Shifters/Mechs: Shimano 'SLX'
Wheels: Mavic TN719 rims/Bontrager hubs (recently serviced and trued)
Brakes: Shimano 'SLX' (new pads)
Headset: a Chris King beauty (Silver)
Bars/Stem: You've a choice of either straights (Easton 'EA50's) or risers (also EA50's with a Raceface XC stem) - it's your choice.
Tyres: Maxxis 'Ardents' (plenty of life left)

It's in great condition (the usual signs of normal use) and was bought for £750 six months ago. I've very recently replaced the brake-pads (1 ride since), cables, chain and had the wheels serviced/trued recently.

I've used it but not a lot and absolutely love riding it but am trading her in for something a little more 'me'.

So.....would love to get £700 for it but will accept £650.

Can deliver if you live somewhere in/around/near London, Wales, Leicester or anywhere en-route to/form any of those places otherwise we can discuss postage options.

Here are some pics:

Let me know if you're interested otherwise it's off to eBay with her (though I'd rather she went to a good home!).

Cheers, Gairy.

P.s. Have posted on STW but at a higher price (as I suspect they'll try and haggle me waaay down) and so don't be surprised if you see it advertised for more there.