WTD: Handlebar harness

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ootini

WTD: Handlebar harness

Post by ootini »

Hi folks I need a bar harness too, for the bread knife's bike. As with the back end of the bike I'd prefer a harness to a bag or roll, but obviously bargain prices may sway that. So again Alpamayo? Wildcat lion? I'd actually go for a Blackburn outpost if the price was good enough.
ootini

Re: WTD: Handlebar harness

Post by ootini »

Last shout before I go and buy new...
jaseisace

Post by jaseisace »

Hi strange question
But is your wife ( or yourself to keep things PC) any good with a needle and thread
Only I've got a used twice handlebar harness that I overloaded slightly and rubbed my front tyre when my forks fully compressed
It's rubbed through but only through the one side and partially damaged the membrane in between the heavy fabric layers
All the belts are in tact and are like new but it would just need a bit of handiness with stitching to get it back up to spec
You could have it for £12 posted
Cheers
Jase
mechanicaldope

Post by mechanicaldope »

Obviously ootini has first dibs but if he isn't interested I may be. Which harness is it? You got any pictures showing the extent of the damage? Cheers.
ootini

Post by ootini »

I'm all sorted for both harness and seat pack now. But thanks for the offer. Mechanical, dibs is yours :cool:
Artie Fufkin

Post by Artie Fufkin »

Come on, spill the beans Dave,
What did you finally hit the button on? After such a long deliberation I just gotta know!!!
Hope you chose wisely?
Adam.
ootini

Post by ootini »

Artie Fufkin wrote:Come on, spill the beans Dave,
What did you finally hit the button on? After such a long deliberation I just gotta know!!!
Hope you chose wisely?
Adam.
Haha! Well Piotr of this very parish had both an unused Bikepack.pl harness and a used but good condition Pickpack.pl seat pack going for a price that was too good to refuse for both. The harness looks on a par with the others I was considering, so all good there. The seat pack is just that, a pack as opposed to a harness, which wasn't my first choice, but I'll give it a go. As I said, this stuff was mainly for the wife's back as I'm already sorted (well, once I see the Bikepack.pl stuff there may be some tactical asset management going on).
Artie Fufkin

Post by Artie Fufkin »

Excellent, glad you got sorted out!
Tread carefully with the OH though.
All the best.
ootini

Post by ootini »

Artie Fufkin wrote: Tread carefully with the OH though.
Best advice ever. To be fair though, this is all because she's got a new bike on the way (Marin Wildcat WFG) and I was going to buy a Genesis Vagabond but decided against it, so I've got loads of "bike" brownie points in the bank.
jaseisace

Post by jaseisace »

Gentlemen I am very sorry but after a bit of confusion someone called cloudnine has gazumped everybody and paid me for the damaged harness
It's purely my fault as I didn't check the pm name and assumed it was ootini
Much apologies mechanicaldope
Jase
cloudnine

Post by cloudnine »

Didnt mean to tread on anyone toes... To be fair i asked in the PM that id have it if the OP wasnt interested... i started my pm with
Hi.. If the guy whose thread you posted on about the harness isnt interested then i would be.
If the OP wants the harness thats really no problem.
ootini

Post by ootini »

No no. I'm good. Crack on gents.
mechanicaldope

Post by mechanicaldope »

I'm rather new around here so not really sure how these kind of things are generally sorted out? Presumably some kind of death match? Or a thread full of pandas? Either way, I am not sure I have the political capital to come out on top so for now I will bide my time. Enjoy your new harness cloudnine, if that is your real name...

Seriously though, that's all fine. Not bothered in the slightest :-bd
ootini

Post by ootini »

Fight. Fight. Fight.