Camping stove

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

macinblack

Camping stove

Post by macinblack »

My daughter wants a decent leisure camping stove for Xmas - Perhaps something with two rings and a windshield - As it will be a present, I'm not fussed about the cost - Any recommendations?
Si

Re: Camping stove

Post by Si »

Do you want with separate refillable gas cylinder (and regulator (eg Camping gas 407)) or with direct screw fit disposable cylinders?
jBay

Post by jBay »

Car Camping?
Look at a Cobb BarBQ - BarBQ, oven or hob
Can even do marshmallows in sticks

Love mine
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

For car camping I have a cadac carry chef I love it
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

We've had a few different ones over the years. Started with a big double burner and grill, then got a Cadac safari burner.
Have found that two of these is by far the most convenient:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005LV ... ref=plSrch

Not very exciting I'm afraid or a great gift but portable enough to brew up anytime, cheap gas and cheap to replace. Small size for packing too and they sit self contained on a table for cooking on.
It may be better to buy them a camping kitchen unit with windshield... Just an idea...
FlyingFox

Post by FlyingFox »

For our family car camping trips we have a Cadac, its great especially as we can cook pizza really well.

Although I still take a separate Alpkit Brukit for drinks.
Si

Post by Si »

As its a gift Primus Onja would be really nice to receive.

Or Primus Tupike for something a little larger.

Great designs incorporating Brass, leather and hardwood.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Another thumbs up for the cadac one here, very flexible and portable :-bd
benp1

Post by benp1 »

My dad had, in fact still has, one of those 2 ring burners with a flip top and a grill. Hooks up to a separate gas bottle BBQ style

Was great when we were camping as kids, full blown fry ups for brekkie. I used it a couple of times for car camping about 8 years ago but haven't bothered since as it's too big and going camping becomes a faff

Last time I car camped I used a trangia! Those Alpkit Landar stoves look pretty good but running it on the smaller disposable canisters can get expensive. the refillable BBQ style ones are probably cheaper to run
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

We've got a Campingaz Chef two burner and run it off a 907 refillable bottle. Ive got two of those because you only run out of gas when you using it. Highly recommended - cheap to buy and run, burns pretty hot and is easy to clean. One tip, what ever you buy, get her a small table to sit it on - the things you will cook on it will require attention, and unless you like squatting, it will make life heaps easier.
I'm just going outside ...
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Thanks folks, some great suggestions there, hadn't even thought of anything like the Cobb Barbq which is an interesting alternative.