Lost and found.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Lost and found.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Couple of things in my possession which their rightful owners may want back.

1/ A bag of assorted performance enhancing drugs, left on the counter of the community centre before the start ... how did you ever manage to make it through without them? Although you probably did yourself a favour, they weigh about 2kg :wink:

2/ Exposure light ... found on the hills. Is it yours? Tell me what model and I'll reunite you.

Think that's it, much less crap than usual :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
GregMay

Re: Lost and found.

Post by GregMay »

I found a small blinky rear light - I think it's a Blackburn one. Lost somewhere in the first 50km.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Couple of things in my possession which their rightful owners may want back.

1/ A bag of assorted performance enhancing drugs, left on the counter of the community centre before the start ... how did you ever manage to make it through without them? Although you probably did yourself a favour, they weigh about 2kg :wink:

2/ Exposure light ... found on the hills. Is it yours? Tell me what model and I'll reunite you.

Was there not someone who said they were leaving a bag of sports-gunk for people to take? Sorry I forget who (or which thread - there were quite a lot of them in the end!)
mds101

Post by mds101 »

Lost a bag if batteries somewhere on the route, it'll have about 3x18650, 4xaa and one or two aaa.

If you found them I'd be proper grateful for return
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Did anyone find Chew?
There were a lot of concerned people Sunday morning after he had overtaken them by the cafe but not arrived back. (Not concerned enough to cycle back and lol for him though :wink: )
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

rufus748 wrote:Did anyone find Chew?
There were a lot of concerned people Sunday morning after he had overtaken them by the cafe but not arrived back. (Not concerned enough to cycle back and lol for him though :wink: )
He turned up eventually with a big smile on his face so (probably) no harm done.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Chew

Post by Chew »

Thought i'd take the 'Goldsmith' approach and have a good kip and crack on in the morning to enjoy the views.
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

ianfitz wrote:
Bearbonesnorm wrote:Couple of things in my possession which their rightful owners may want back.

Was there not someone who said they were leaving a bag of sports-gunk for people to take? Sorry I forget who (or which thread - there were quite a lot of them in the end!)
that was me.

perhaps I should have left a note saying "for free"

use or dispose as you see fit. :wink:
notinabox

Post by notinabox »

Chew wrote:Thought i'd take the 'Goldsmith' approach and have a good kip and crack on in the morning to enjoy the views.
Good plan :-bd
The noise goes quiet when I'm on my bike :)
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Chew wrote:Thought i'd take the 'Goldsmith' approach and have a good kip and crack on in the morning to enjoy the views.
Chew, glad you arrived back in one piece!
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Someone lost a banana on the first little road climb out of Llanbrynmair. I found it. Well, I found it twice really. The first time was on the road, so I picked it up (remembering Stus comment about picking up litter). The second time was 15 minutes ago when I found it all squashed up in the side pocket of my rucksack.
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

That was my banana. If I hadn't have lost it I think I could have blitzed the route in about 12 hours :roll:
Yorlin

Post by Yorlin »

PM him your address, I'm sure he will post it to you. :-bd
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

If it's in a cake, no problem. :wink:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Yorlin wrote:PM him your address, I'm sure he will post THE CLEANING BILL to you. :-bd
FTFY

I do have a new strategy though. Rather than carry all my gear round, I reckon to "lose" it at various locations soon after the start and make sure I'm re-united with it as required.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

GregMay wrote:I found a small blinky rear light - I think it's a Blackburn one. Lost somewhere in the first 50km.
I lost a small blinky rear light early doors. It's an Infini one, a bit like this:

Mike

Post by Mike »

Someone left a bottle of lucozade on top of the bin outside the spar in Knighton. So me n hux smashed it down....saves wasting it!

Cheers burty......It went down a treat pal n hit a spot :-bd
notinabox

Post by notinabox »

Mike wrote:Someone left a bottle of lucozade on top of the bin outside the spar in Knighton. So me n hux smashed it down....saves wasting it!

Cheers burty......It went down a treat pal n hit a spot :-bd

Are we SURE it was lucozade! !!? :lol: :shock:
The noise goes quiet when I'm on my bike :)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Haha if it were pee then it taste damn good :mrgreen:
slarge

Post by slarge »

I lost my sense of balance on the final few descents, bouncing off the sides of ruts and nearly crashing. Stayed upright though. I kept all other senses, but did get a bit sweary near the end.
burty

Post by burty »

don't worry mike it wasn't pee :-bd
at that point my pee was more like treacle :lol:
Mike

Post by Mike »

Steve, i think i picked your balance up....coz i was fine :lol: