Frozen Shoulder, any advice?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

Frozen Shoulder, any advice?

Post by Ray Young »

I pretty sure i have developed a frozen shoulder. A search of the NHS website describes my problem perfectly so will hopefully get an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. What worries me though is it could take between 12 and 24 months to clear up. Anyone suffered with this condition? Any insights or advice? :cry:
Lawmanmx

Re: Frozen Shoulder, any advice?

Post by Lawmanmx »

a really good private physio, don't waste any time on the Nhs ones as they will only give you excercises where as a private one will get stuck into the injury first :) hth
Justchris

Post by Justchris »

Ray Young wrote:I pretty sure i have developed a frozen shoulder. A search of the NHS website describes my problem perfectly so will hopefully get an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. What worries me though is it could take between 12 and 24 months to clear up. Anyone suffered with this condition? Any insights or advice? :cry:
I will be surprised if that's what it is diagnosed as. As someone who mtbs I'm betting on a cuff tear or rotator problem, calcification etc. Don't worry if it is frozen shoulder it's rectified quickly If you are prepared to work through a bit of pain and discomfort.

Main thing get along to your gp. And get a referal to a physio. And some decent pain killers.
Go nhs. Private physio is ok. But private xrays cost loads. And until you get a physio to dig in or a scan no cycling...... a Gp will agree on a frozen shoulder, and if you cycle on a torn rotator cuff your shoulder could become absolutely f#*ked.

Chris
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Justchris wrote:
Ray Young wrote:I pretty sure i have developed a frozen shoulder. A search of the NHS website describes my problem perfectly so will hopefully get an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. What worries me though is it could take between 12 and 24 months to clear up. Anyone suffered with this condition? Any insights or advice? :cry:
I will be surprised if that's what it is diagnosed as. As someone who mtbs I'm betting on a cuff tear or rotator problem, calcification etc. Don't worry if it is frozen shoulder it's rectified quickly If you are prepared to work through a bit of pain and discomfort.

Main thing get along to your gp. And get a referal to a physio. And some decent pain killers.
Go nhs. Private physio is ok. But private xrays cost loads. And until you get a physio to dig in or a scan no cycling...... a Gp will agree on a frozen shoulder, and if you cycle on a torn rotator cuff your shoulder could become absolutely f#*ked.

Chris
I had not heard of this injury before but i think you could be right about a cuff tear as using my other arm i can lift my affected arm way above the point i can lift it unaided. If it was a frozen shoulder then apparently i would not be able to do this. I already have access to painkillers for a lower back problem. I will be going NHS as there is no way i can afford private. Thanks Chris.
Justchris

Post by Justchris »

If you can lift it yourself with your other hand that is not a frozen shoulder. If you can lift it with the other hand, relatively pain free, that's even better. But you still need diagnosis, from someone who knows what they 're doing.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Well the Doc says it's not a frozen shoulder so that's good news. X-ray tomorrow and been referred for emergency physio.
Last edited by Ray Young on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scud

Post by Scud »

Main thing to do is keep the shoulder, nothing strenuous, just keep the movement there otherwise thats when it will become frozen.