Numo or Cloudbase?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Krixmeister

Numo or Cloudbase?

Post by Krixmeister »

Anyone have experience with both of these sleeping mats from Alpkit, and if so any recommendations for/against between them? I was about to pull the trigger on a Numo, but then saw the Cloudbase. Not clear what differentiates them (apart from obvious design).
Sarah

Re: Numo or Cloudbase?

Post by Sarah »

I have the Numo and very happy with it so far, I like the ridgieness, it sort of works my back. Bit like an Inertia x frame. It has stood up to a few trips now, easy to inflate, no issues, nice n light.

Didnt see the Cloudbase when buying mine, agree, cant see much difference.

So many choices !
Sarah
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just be aware that neither have any insulation in them.
May the bridges you burn light your way
HaYWiRe

Post by HaYWiRe »

Can only comment on the numo but its not something id recommend personally

First one arrived punctured, they repaired under warranty, its since punctured twice more. Easy fix and maybe im just unlucky but not a great start.
Actually cushioning is comfy enough on the hips and back and its fairly quick to inflate.
Its very light and packs down very very small.
Warm enough for the conditions its intended to be used in provided you know the limitations of no insulation/just air. Cant say ive had a cold night on it.

My problem is the width, its quite narrow and combined with its height i find my elbows falling off the sides giving me bad shoulders, im not normally picky about what i sleep on but this niggle has kept me awake on occasion.

Its not a bad product but unlike my alpkit sleeping bag it gives me no confidence. Whilst alpkits usually quality gives me confidence to get out and explore this mat leaves me delicate, uneasy and careful. Once even to the extent of going back to my bulky SI mat because i trust it more.

Ill be honest, im happy with CCF if it wasnt for the bulk, its just no nonsense and bombproof :lol: but im usually the odd one out here...
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Used the Numo on the Divide with no problems, except it seems to take a lot of air to inflate (I note the chaps above have a different opinion so perhaps I'm a wuss!)

Looking at the cloudbase, assuming all else is equal I'd choose it over the numo as I do find the numo very shiny and on uneven ground felt like I was sliding a bit. It also claims a one way valve which might be handy.