Radnorshire

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

godivatrailrider

Radnorshire

Post by godivatrailrider »

I'm hoping to do a route in Radnorshire ..... I'm sure it's been done plenty of times before ... does anyone have any route suggestions?
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Radnorshire

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Anywhere in particular? Length, number of days, etc?
May the bridges you burn light your way
godivatrailrider

Probably just a 2 day / 1 night route. Sort of Kington, Knighton area.
I've worked out a 60miler 8000' route which sounds about right. Needs work and local knowledge though...
Mike

Post by Mike »

iv had a nice route from new radnor but could do with Ians input to extend it alittle more. its currently around 40miles i think i can email u the gpx if u pm me
tremonti

Post by tremonti »

The trans cambrian way heads west from llanfair waterdine which is just outside of knighton, you could fit some if the in before cutting back south to radnor. You may want to keep an eye on the weather as lots of the trails are grassy and pretty sapping in the wet.
godivatrailrider

tremonti wrote:The trans cambrian way heads west from llanfair waterdine which is just outside of knighton, you could fit some if the in before cutting back south to radnor. You may want to keep an eye on the weather as lots of the trails are grassy and pretty sapping in the wet.
There is a hefty bridleway from Lloyney (which is pretty much llanfair waterdine ) to Llanbadarn Fynydd ... can't easily identify it on google maps, though the OS map may show it.