Staveley overnight parking

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Rob A

Staveley overnight parking

Post by Rob A »

I am planning a Lake District trip next month. Does anyone know if you can park in Staveley Mill Yard for a couple of nights? If not can anyone suggest somewhere suitable nearby.

Cheers - Rob
Chew

Re: Staveley overnight parking

Post by Chew »

Often park further up along Windermere road without issue. Unsure about the Brewery Car Park. Worth checking theres nothing going on when you're planning on leaving it there.
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

I've parked for wkd a little further along on Danes Rd with no issue
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

You should be ok at the Mill Yard, or a bit further up the road at Ings, on the lane behind the Watermill Inn.

At Staveley Mill Yard most of this coming weekend for the Sam Houghton Challenge, will check nothing has changed & post up..
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Rob A

Post by Rob A »

Cheers for the replies. I will check if there is anything on when I'm going and keep those other options in mind.
greenmug

Post by greenmug »

I've parked on Danes road on the western end. Loads of parking and a quiet section of road. There are B&Bs along there so quite normal for folks to have cars parked there.
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Didn't see any signs re parking restrictions at the Mill Yard this weekend, & there was plenty that had left their vehicles there over the weekend..

There's also some parking on the main road & surrounding area as long as you don't leave your car right outside someones house. On the road from the Mill Yard towards Kentmere there's also a decent sized lay-by on the rhs just as you start to leave Staveley behind (after industrial unit also on the rhs), there was also people using this for parking..

I didn't get chance to check the road at the side of Ings Watermill for restrictions..

Also like to add that the Sam Houghton is a really good event, great atmosphere & evening entertainment. Even includes free camping & it's all for charity! :-bd
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Oh what dates r u up there. Im off for twelve days in july planning to head to the lakes myself if ur about then. im off from the 4-15 :wink:
Rob A

Post by Rob A »

Cheers for the update Wotsits, glad you enjoyed the Sam Houghton.

I'm not sure with dates yet as I have to see what work comes up next month first.