Another good weekend?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

composite

Another good weekend?

Post by composite »

I've had a last minute change of plans as yetiman couldn't do the trip we planned on the 22nd/23rd. This weekend the weather is looking great for mid Wales so I'm off there instead. Might even bivi outside a bothy just to make use of a midge free sunny evening. :-bd

What are you up to people? This is surely the weather we have all been waiting for? :cool:

PS. It was odd this week I went for an evening ride at a local spot and it felt like it had been ages since I had been there. It hadn't been, it had just been ages since it had been dry and sunny there. It really reminded me why riding your bike is brilliant. So looking forward to the weekend now. :grin:
FLV

Re: Another good weekend?

Post by FLV »

happy days :-)

Not sure I'll get the bivvy out, but I'll be riding thats for sure. Likely to be just riding the peak, as its on the doorstep :cool:
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Weather looks good.

I shall be writing a piece of coursework on "Critically discuss how scientific paradigms influence research methodologies. Which of the current theoretical views & methodologies are most relevant to research within your discipline (Civil Engineering)? - And why?" :sad:

Everyone else please enjoy yourselves - I won't be jealous in the slightest :wink:
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

No overnighter for me, unfortunately - need to restock the brownie point jar. But I'll definitely be out there enjoying the relative absence of mud :grin:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm coaching today and tomorrow but night sneak out tomorrow night ... the day started off lovely but an hour ago the wind got up, the cloud came in off the coast and it's all gone cold :sad:
May the bridges you burn light your way
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Another North Wales one for me tomorrow night. I've got a job to do till mid afternoon then I'll probably drive to Llanberis and ride Telegraph valley and head into Beddgelert forest and find a spot :smile:
*prays for no more fog*
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Two nights in the engadin. One in this area:

and then not far from here:

Probably my last fat bike trip for this winter. I'm currently running 4.8" tires instead of the 4.0 floaters seen on the image - the snow's getting soft and is melting away. Expected night temps are unusually high for that region and time of year with about -5°C.

Cranking through snow gives some good training, just what I need come beginning of April for some biking in Wales.
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

Cheshire Lanes and Delamere for me, giving my Fargo another shakedown ride..

Gonna sort heights of bars out etc..
Ian

Post by Ian »

Off to the seaside for me: Battle on the Beach.
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

Yet more coursework :(
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Coaching a couple of British Cycling Go Ride sessions tomorrow and looking forward to all the kids not being covered in gloop by the time we hand them back to their parents Someone actually complained two weeks ago that her son's bike was covered in mud. I actually think she expected me to wash it for her ….
I'm just going outside ...
HopeValleyPaul

Post by HopeValleyPaul »

Just got back from a little spin in the peaks. Really really cold with a fierce north wind, but great to get home with a (slightly) dusty bike, hoping for a bivi tomorrow as well.
jamiep

Post by jamiep »

I am buoyed by the start of spring (...maybe started...) and am really, really looking forward to tomorrow's ride - a razz around Carron Valley - after being out so long.

Been crippled with a bad back since Nov, and miserable. Finally relented and went to the Dr this week who give me some man-sized pain killers and muscle relaxants, and have been a different person since!
mountainbaker

Post by mountainbaker »

Turned really warm down here this afternoon. Going to try for a long ride on sunday, I fancy some Quantocks action.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Local shop sportive on Sunday, should be about 85 miles that I will top up to 100. Might do it on my new 29er to give me any opportunity for a bit of off road action.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Sand dune riding locally tomorrow in Merseyside and drag the missus out on the mtb tandem on Sunday morning.

MIL is round tomorrow, so I might ask for a bivi out for a bit of piece and quiet :roll:
gairym

Post by gairym »

No overnighter for me (though that was the initial plan) but this weekend is a bit special as it'll be the first (non-fat) mountain bike ride of the year for a couple of us here.

I'll be hitting the valley for some XC action today and if all goes well it'll be the full-susser on some steep/tech trails tomorrow.

I can almost smell spring!!!!!
FLV

Post by FLV »

cracking ride today. blooming windy though.

Arrived home to the missus just searing a swordfish steak for me.... :cool:
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

Weathers been pretty crappy here in Cheshire, but dragged myself out for shakedown ride part II ™.

Think I've just about got the position sorted on my Fargo..

Next weekend will tell, it's the first Bivi trip with it!

composite

Post by composite »

Well I had an excellent weekend and had my first stay in a bothy. In fact this was the best bikepacking trip yet, everything fell into place just right.

I'll write it up and stick some photos in the Bivi a month thread. There will be a video from this one as well. :cool:
Mart

Post by Mart »

I felt a bit off all week so had the weekend off the bike (and felt so guilty not to be taking advantage of the weather)
Spent a pleasant Sunday afternoon in the sun, tinkering an improved cockpit to incorporate the new GPS

As I sit here on Monday morning it seems to have boosted my motivation
2924 miles per Gallon