Service announcement - CPR related.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Service announcement - CPR related.

Post by redefined_cycles »

Just thought to get this advertised yesterday, but makes sense putting it here aswell. Basically the survival rate of people who had gone into cardiac arrest (heart stopped/not breathing) used to be pretty rubbish. Then there was the massive push by the various folks/communities (BHF being one of them I guess) to educate the masses on how to perform chest compressions.

It buys alot of time whilst emergecny services arrive and generally could be the difference between brain death or not, even if the person survives. Todays ride to my course today had me thinking to push it a little, though I appreciate that most on here might know how to perform decent chest compressions. It'll keep the blood (and thus oxygen, glucose and nourishment) circulating to the brain that little bit longer and is so significant.

Here's my ride with some more details if you wanted some training at home. Or (highly recommended) you could search for a basic life support course near you and pat yourself on the back for being an ace human :-bd

https://strava.app.link/2NutR4qIpAb
redefined_cycles

Re: Service announcement - CPR related.

Post by redefined_cycles »

In case anyone doesn't have strava, this is the link provuded by the BHF to practice compressions at home with the phone and pillow.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/how-you-can-help ... 15-minutes
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

Or sign up to be a workplace first aider
Mart

Post by Mart »

Good shout :-bd
2924 miles per Gallon