Talky Toaster map (T'Alps) on eTrex 20......

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

boxelder

Talky Toaster map (T'Alps) on eTrex 20......

Post by boxelder »

Anyone used the Talky Toaster maps of the Alps on an eTrex? Presume they as good as UK maps?

Is there a way to check that they are actually there and working before travelling? I seem to remember the device defaults to where you are/it is and only shows that region??
firestarter

Re: Talky Toaster map (T'Alps) on eTrex 20......

Post by firestarter »

If you use the talkytoaster contact form on the website he'll probably call you , ive asked a question twice on there and he's called me up on both occasions, probably easier for him to explain things tbh
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Will do, thanks
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

firestarter wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:04 pm If you use the talkytoaster contact form on the website he'll probably call you , ive asked a question twice on there and he's called me up on both occasions, probably easier for him to explain things tbh
This^^^

Service with a smile, from Martin
ripio

Post by ripio »

boxelder wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:16 pm Anyone used the Talky Toaster maps of the Alps on an eTrex? Presume they as good as UK maps?

Is there a way to check that they are actually there and working before travelling? I seem to remember the device defaults to where you are/it is and only shows that region??
I think you can zoom out and scroll to where you want to check, then zoom in to check your new mapping is working.
That's how it works on my Dakota 20 anyway, I think, I'm sure I would have checked my Talky Toaster France mapping before I went.