WTD: 20" Disk Brake Front Wheel

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

yourguitarhero

WTD: 20" Disk Brake Front Wheel

Post by yourguitarhero »

I have a wee Orbea Katu eBike with a Bafang front hub motor.
However I'd like to experiment with removing the 'E' parts and just use it like a normal bike. So pull off the battery and put a normal front wheel in as the motor one is heavy and draggy,

However, they seem hard to come across, so wondering if anyone had one?

Current wheel has a nutted axle, but I *think* a QR would work.
Dyffers

Re: WTD: 20" Disk Brake Front Wheel

Post by Dyffers »

https://foldingbike.biz/epages/7665e38c ... CFRWH20406

Check the OLN spacing of your current wheel. If it's 100mm you want something like the above. If it's 74mm like many 20" wheel folders you'll be lucky to find a disc-hubbed wheel with that width hub.

I had a front disc hub in the parts box when I wanted to change to a front disc brake on my travel folder, so I bought a £30 BMX rim and some cheap spokes and it was the easiest wheel I've ever built. But I had to change the fork as well for 100mm wide one.
yourguitarhero

Re: WTD: 20" Disk Brake Front Wheel

Post by yourguitarhero »

Had a look at my wheel/fork last night and it's 100mm spacing and it looks like a QR should work ok, so the wheel linked there looks good.

However I am now mulling over whether to get a dynamo hub and build a wheel so I could run the lights that are already on the bike. The deelectrification plan is to use the bike for touring/camping.

Have seen someone local selling a 26" wheelset with a deore dynamo hub for £30. Could dismantle that and rebuild into a new wheel...