Recommend me a book on injuries ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Recommend me a book on injuries ...

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

... and how to prevent / treat them ;)

Seem to be going through a stage of picking up injuries so had a peruse of Amazon for books on the subject. There's a few possibles on there:

A Guide to Cycling Injuries: Prevention and Treatment by Domhnall MacAuley

Bicycling Medicine: Nutrition, Physiology and Injury Prevention by Arnie Baker

Andy Pruitt's Complete Medical Guide for Cyclists by Andy Pruitt and Fred Matheny

So I'm wondering whether anyone's read any of the above or has any other suggestions ?

Ta
May the bridges you burn light your way
didnothingfatal

Re: Recommend me a book on injuries ...

Post by didnothingfatal »

Search the web, full of opinion ;)

Or I could let you have a cycle specific strength programme or any number of functional strength. Tougher body, less prone to injury
Ian

Post by Ian »

Not read any books on injuries, but from time to time I do go and see an osteopath for various joint related issues and usually feel better for it. I remember having a recurring knee problem in my early days of singlespeed and the chap I went to traced it to back/ pelvis problems which he put right and its been good ever since. *touch wood*
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Ian wrote: I remember having a recurring knee problem in my early days of singlespeed and the chap I went to traced it to back/ pelvis problems which he put right and its been good ever since. *touch wood*
That's the problem with all these inter-connecting muscles - the problem rears it head somewhere completely different to the cause.

I've got a stretching book, read around in the internet and try to learn as much as possible from a multitude of sources and see how the apply to me - because we're all different which makes these sorts of injuries more complex.