HELP! Bike wanted

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

kbee

HELP! Bike wanted

Post by kbee »

Despite what the wife thinks, I NEED another bike. Officially I’m after a campsite bike (in a large), something low value that I’m happy to lock up and leave unsupervised on the back of the van or outside of a pub.

Only problem is, whilst it needs to be cheap, it needs to be something nice to ride as we often go out cycling with the kids for a good few hours whilst away and I also tend to squeeze some XC stuff in for myself too. So I’m looking for that needle in the haystack! Would prefer shimano Deore so I can swap bits at short notice (if required) with my proper bike.

I missed out on a rockhopper pro last week and whilst old this would’ve fitted the bill nicely. Does anyone have something suitable taking up valuable space that they are looking to move on?

Thanks!
Dyffers

Re: HELP! Bike wanted

Post by Dyffers »

kbee wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:35 am ...low value...
What's low value?

I have a large Karate Monkey frameset in the cupboard that I promised myself I'd never sell as it's ace but I haven't used it for a couple of years so maybe it ought to go...could almost certainly build it up to a full bike but probably not worth my while unless you're looking to spend at least £400?
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

This was my first bikepacking/cycle touring bike and I absolutely loved it. It was a bit heavy at 14kg for a 16in so a large would be even more, but it was really well made and handled beautifully. For a new bike its a good price. Nothing to do with me - it's just the same place I bought mine 5 years ago and they are still selling them off! They have them in boxes there so it's easy to get it posted. I only got rid of mine to get something lighter for lifting over fences and so on. I paid £71.89 for mine when he was auctioning them - he stopped that pretty quick after that! But if you make an offer you will probably get him down from the asking price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233617187435 ... SwjE9fBHsY
vdubber67

Post by vdubber67 »

Seen my Pinnacle in the classifieds?