Dales Riding Anyone?

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

greenmug

Dales Riding Anyone?

Post by greenmug »

I'm keen to see more bikepacking in and around the Yorkshire Dales. If you have any interest in exploring this part of the world then here is the place to show your interest.

I'm new to the forum so this is also an opportunity for anyone not established in a group to get the opportunity to ride without worrying about being the new kid. At the same time, it would be great if any experienced folk would like to come along.

I'm willing and keen to organise something up here. All I need is to see some interest. So if you would like to ride just reply and say hello.

greenmug

<PS, if there is already anyone riding In the Dales/NY moors please also let me know>
Chew

Re: Dales Riding Anyone?

Post by Chew »

Hi Greenmug

Always up for ridIng in the Dales, just waiting for it all to dry out a bit. Plenty of routes in my head and need to do more exploring closer to home.

Growing contingent of the Yorkshire massif so I'm sure if you post something up someone will be along
greenmug

Post by greenmug »

Chew, thanks for the reply. Good to know there are others in the north. I see a lot of activity in the south on the forum compared to north.

I'd be interested to hear any really good spots for overnight locations in the Dales. I have a couple of ideas too.

If there is interest, I'll post an overnight in late May/ early June. Rides in the last week were suprisingly OK. Pockets of sludge but the week of little rain has made a big difference. My local Dales rides are Pateley Bridge/Scar House loop. All very ridable compared to recent weeks. Although amazingly still pockets of snow here and there.
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

Sadly no longer over that neck of the woods, but will happily drive over from Cheshire to ride out..
Can call in at me mum's just north of York on the way home for extra brownie points..
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I'd be up for it, based in Leeds and need to get out more!
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."