Wahhahaha!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

frogatthefarriers

Wahhahaha!

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Just realised that my new joystick light has gone AWOL. Must have got knocked off while pushing through undergrowth. Now do I say fe*k it or do I go back a few miles(6-ish) on the off chance? It'll put a right spanner in my route for tomorrow.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
Richard G

Re: Wahhahaha!

Post by Richard G »

I guess that's another reason to use those little strap thingies!
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Absolutely - always tether the electronics. That goes for the light on your helmet too - low hanging branches don't have a qualm about ripping lights from helmets.

Greetz

S.
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

Learned the exact same lesson on the BB200 a couple of years ago... Tether everything now.

I know exactly where I lost it, but didn't notice as it wasn't switched on as I was using the helmet mounted one at the time, which was tethered.

Kissed goodbye to a pretty new Joystick Mk9...

Had to swallow it and buy a replacement...

Si
frogatthefarriers

St Anthony came up trumps and helped my find my Joystick :-bd
frogatthefarriers wrote:Just realised that my new joystick light has gone AWOL. Must have got knocked off while pushing through undergrowth. Now do I say fe*k it or do I go back a few miles(6-ish) on the off chance? It'll put a right spanner in my route for tomorrow.

I decided that it wasn't worth spoiling my planned rides for the next two days to go back and search for it, with little chance of success, so I went back to look after the cakefest. (What Lovely Cakes, thanks Dee & Stu). I'd been taking lots of photos and could tell that it was on the bike at the pub in Llangadfan, but gone where I strayed off the path in the Dyfnant forest and had to push through the undergrowth. I was able to follow exactly in my footsteps down all the way through but no torch. Happily, I then had to push back up to get back to my car and there it was, hiding in a little ditch, under a fallen log.

My little off-piste diversion cost me though...
Once through the brambles to lose it, once again to not find it, then once again for a result... The poor legs didn't half sting in the shower when I finally got home.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

By the Mighty Babee Jeebuz that is quite a tale of lost n found .... nice one ............... not the legs. The legs are gross.
I'm just going outside ...
frogatthefarriers

TheBrownDog wrote:By the Mighty Babee Jeebuz that is quite a tale of lost n found .... nice one ............... not the legs. The legs are gross.
'S not the first time St Anthony's helped me out. A couple of years ago I lost my wedding ring on the banks of the Severn when we stopped for lunch. I was gutted. I've worn it for 45 years. My daughter said I looked lost, like a dog when you take its collar off. A week later when we went to look for it, the river was up by 3ft and the bank we'd sat on was under water. Still found it though, in the reeds, under a foot of water
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Well done that man! Impressive.

Now...tether that bad boy before you lose it again. ;)

Greetz

S.
Matt

Post by Matt »

And put some trousers on
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Scattamah wrote:Absolutely - always tether the electronics. That goes for the light on your helmet too - low hanging branches don't have a qualm about ripping lights from helmets.
I caught my helmet light on a branch on a local ride, really hit it hard as well. Ripped my light from the helmet mount and, as it was tethered, through the helmet too. Wrote off the helmet. Very disappointed. Still tether my electronics though, hopefully it was just a freak
Matt wrote:And put some trousers on
That really isn't the problem, the same can't be said for those shoes though...
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

benp1 wrote:
Scattamah wrote:Absolutely - always tether the electronics. That goes for the light on your helmet too - low hanging branches don't have a qualm about ripping lights from helmets.
I caught my helmet light on a branch on a local ride, really hit it hard as well. Ripped my light from the helmet mount and, as it was tethered, through the helmet too. Wrote off the helmet. Very disappointed. Still tether my electronics though, hopefully it was just a freak
Matt wrote:And put some trousers on
That really isn't the problem, the same can't be said for those shoes though...
Another man who believes in the saint for lost causes ,for me though it's me who's the lost cause so have to speak to him on a regular basis :oops: