Summer is dead - long live Autumn!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Summer is dead - long live Autumn!

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

As far as I can tell summer is dead, nights are drawing in, mornings are starting to feel (almost) frosty and it's dry ... so with the onset of Autumn, what are you looking forward to?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Cheeky Monkey

Re: Summer is dead - long live Autumn!

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

dry
would be a pleasant change :evil:
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

Not sweaty my nuts off on every ride and actually having more time to enjoy the bike. Summer is always really hectic in our house.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Within the next 2 weeks a 3 day, 2 night, 125 mile bikepacking birthday pressie to myself with my new Alpkit framebag which is apparently in the post and winging it's way to me, oh joy :D .
simon72

Post by simon72 »

TomOrrow!! Me too, 2 nights and 3 days of bivi bonanz. My first multiple night bivi; planing to do a lot of the south downs way, ending up in a pub in alfriston. This is also a test to whether I might be up for the bb200. by the way, every time I go for a bivi it seems to involve party behaviour. Are you all fitness purests or does this ring true: make fire; make camp; make food; make drunken and stoned behaviour....???
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Very rare I travel without wine.
Mart

Post by Mart »

Hipflask for me :D
2924 miles per Gallon
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Hipflask for me too, normally Havana Club.
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."
slugwash

Post by slugwash »

Looking forwards to thumbing through my extensive baselayer collection now the evenings are getting cooler. Also looking forwards to full moon night rides and bivis up on Dartmoor (If it ever dries out)
ending up in a pub in alfriston........ by the way, every time I go for a bivi it seems to involve party behaviour. Are you all fitness purests or does this ring true: make fire; make camp; make food; make drunken and stoned behaviour....???
In my younger days I might, or might not, have ridden from Lewes to Eastbourne and back on several occasions whilst under the influence of funny fungi foraged from a field somewhere up near Newick ;)

Of course, nowerdays, it's other things that get foraged in Autumn like cobnuts and courgettes from our garden.

I try and drink less on bivis these days as I sleep better and feel fresher in the morning. ... and possibly snore a bit less.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

slugwash wrote: I try and drink less on bivis these days as I sleep better and feel fresher in the morning. ... and possibly snore a bit less.
Not having to get out of bed ten minutes after you got in it and then out again at three am for a pee is also a bonus. Sometimes I have a drink, sometimes I don't.