Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

wingnut

Re: Stove Recommendations

Post by wingnut »

Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

"@ Trail-Rat - Have you had much use of your Alpkit Bruler? I fancy a meths stove (already have gas & petrol) and have been happy with the Alpkit stuff I've already got. Just wondering what boiling times and ease of use are like - there aren't really any reviews of it that I can find. Cheers!"

YEah plenty use.

Slower than my msr Whisper lite but faster than my light weight gas thing.

bout 7 minutes for half a litre. uses about 1/3rd of a fill of fuel.

i modified the pot supports on top of mine to fit a 650ml Ti mug - although alpkit say it doesnt fit - the supports can be removed and rebent to a suitable shape.

the whole thing fits inside a 650ml Mug and i have a couple of little 100ml bottles of fuel - which keeps me going for a week.
Steezysix

Post by Steezysix »

Cool, just what I wanted to hear! Thanks!
MatteoBoneo

Post by MatteoBoneo »

Just some feedback, was in Cotswold Outdoors over the weekend, and they had the Jetboil Zip in there, and the MSR PR, I was really impressed with the jetboil, the size wasn't a problem, was smaller than I thought. I'll be using it for walking as well as bike packing. They price matched it too so only paid £60.
After a couple of uses I'm mega impressed with it and how fast it boils water. It really well made and packs all into the pan.
Thanks for all your help!