Dave Barter

Re: Everesting the Devil's Elbow

Post by Dave Barter »

Go on then, anyone coming with me?
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Ian

Post by Ian »

Only if you promise not to swear at me ;)
SRS

Post by SRS »

CyclingTips.com podcast on Everesting and multi-day races: http://cyclingtips.com/2016/06/cyclingt ... me-racing/

Everesting and High Rouleurs Society discussion starts at 46-minutes
Ian

Post by Ian »

Good link, thanks. Alex Louca's comment at the bottom of the article page was interesting; effectively describing the same approach I cover in my write up where the climb is broken down into micro sections and you barely focus past each one
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Ian, I've always found it harder to do any effort the first time as you don't know how/where to break it down in to manageable chunks even if those "chunks" can be as long or longer than some complete efforts. Have done a couple of the local cobbled (actually setts) climbs near us recently, one I had driven up a couple of times before so knew roughly what it was like but the other was completely unseen, in fact I didn't know exactly where it was.

The one I'd driven up is significantly harder in real terms (it's one of the hardest climbs in the area) than the other yet I found it OK. Last night on the other I struggled but it's a smoother surface and not as steep.

I wouldn't Everest either of them :shock:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Nice work Ian, and your write up makes it sound so much easier and logical than it really is :wink: Are you using your statistical analysis to evaluate and improve upon this Everesting and ramp it up for a double Everesting? :geek: :lol: