Which saddle?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Teetosugars

Re: Which saddle?

Post by Teetosugars »

I've a 3 ride old white 143 Toupe if anyone wants one?
RIP

Post by RIP »

"Selle Italia Trans Am XO". Cracking saddle, another vote here. Bought four when they were on sale and hid one in each of my stashes around the house so Mrs P can't find all of them.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
firedfromthecircus

Post by firedfromthecircus »

Richard G wrote:I have a Charge Scoop on mine, which I love, and I was going to put another on my next two bikes, but the bastards have stopped doing it. :(
I've got a couple of scoops I could let go of. PM me if you're interested.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Charge might not make the Scoop any more, but you can still buy that design, now made by Fabric. And they do a 60 day trial period, plenty of time to work out if you like it. Not cheap, but getting a lot of favourable feedback. And they are made locally, in Cider country - what's not to like?

http://fabric.cc/shop/saddles/

A few other clever designs for accessories from an innovative company to look out for.
jameso

Post by jameso »

I have a few plain black cover Velo 1205s with the Crn/Ti rails here, the same Velo mold used for the Charge Spoon. Post (£3?) plus a tenner to Smartshelter Foundation and you can have one if you want to try the shape, via PM. I like them but only for up to 3-4 hours, prefer WTBs for long rides.
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Selle Italia SLR on all bikes.
The firm versions, TT I think...
ianpv

Post by ianpv »

I could be interested in the toupe teetotalsugars.
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

More praise for Cambiums here.

I struggled for years to find a comfy saddle.
I'd dismissed Brooks saddles after trying a Brooks professional 30 years ago (unbeknown to me they were /are a particularly thick leather so took ages to break in and as a skinny teenager it didn't really ever break in.)

I'd settled on a Terry ATB comp ladies saddle as the best compromise but then after a conversation with someone, I tried a brooks B17 about 15 years ago - after after a tough break in period that was it - saddle heaven! so much so that i ended up with 2 ti B17s that moved across various bikes on the fleet.

After hearing lots of good things about Cambiums I thought I'd try one on the genesis fortitude adventure I bought in 2014 on the c2w scheme.

I'm a convert: the C17 is the same shape as my two beloved B17s and has no break in period, and, for me, is just right in terms of comfort and support. So much so that my 2 B17 ti saddles are going up for sale!

The only other saddle that has ever come close is an old 80's Avocet Air 02 ti MTB saddle that's on my folder.
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...