Cotswold Riding.

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

custardfeet

Cotswold Riding.

Post by custardfeet »

Am based in Stroud, done a few local overnights with a mate and was wondering if there was anyone else in the area that might be up for a spot of Bikepacking. Not the most challenging of riding, but some great bridleways and downhill to make it fun and some great woodlands to bivvy up in.
Taylor

Re: Cotswold Riding.

Post by Taylor »

My in laws live on top of the hill at rodborough common.
I'm there quite often, Been out a few time from there.
I'll let you know next time I'm planning a trip from there.
Pete-G

Post by Pete-G »

Live in Gloucester, work in Tetbury, you could say its my patch. :wink:
Try to ride pretty regularly, just getting into the bikepacking thing and acquiring kit in readiness for my first attempt.
custardfeet

Post by custardfeet »

Hi Pete,

always up for a ride, commute to Cheltenham everyday for work, but weekends are for mountain biking, am planning a bikepacking in Wales over the October half term (a teacher for my sins). Also hope to do a some local overnighters as well. Did the WRT for the first time this year, great fun. Should try to hook up, have made or adapted most of my kit, can't quite give all my money to Aplkit and Wildcat just yet!
Pete-G

Post by Pete-G »

I'd be up for that. Just like you, commute as much as possible by bike and MTB or CX at the weekend. Have to work Saturdays though, but getting the odd one off isn't a problem, neither would a ride from work on weekends. Do you ride much locally on the weekends?
custardfeet

Post by custardfeet »

Try to be out as much as possible at the weekends, but family slows everything down a little. Lots of good rides around Stroud, there always seems to be somewhere new, nothing really technical, more of a trail rider myself, too old to be throwing myself down a mountain. Have done a few bikepacking trips with a friend locally, mostly setting off in the evening and taking in a few pubs, before hitting the woodlands to bivvy up with a fire and some brandy
custardfeet

Post by custardfeet »

Camp setup from earlier this year in local woodland.
Attachments
FullSizeRender copy 2.jpg
FullSizeRender copy 2.jpg (193.1 KiB) Viewed 3193 times