WRT - SN 868568?!?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richard G

WRT - SN 868568?!?

Post by Richard G »

Hi all, quick introduction. I'm Richard from Cardiff. Pretty new to all this bikepacking stuff (a grand total of one night out under my belt), but I'll be along for the WRT and hopefully will mange to survive without being eaten by wolves (or sheep). Reasonably experienced at cross country, though sadly I had to give up MTB for some time and I'm only really just getting back into it in the last couple of years.

I have a question regarding this year's WRT. I've been trying to work out a route and I can't for the life of me work out any way of getting anywhere nearly SN 868568. I've done my best with maps, satellite photography and general GPS madness, but I can't seem to work out how you'd get into that grid square. At least not without hiring a pack mule and slowly working your way up the side of one of the nearby hills. Anyone got any hints? I can live without doing it of course, but that raises another question of getting between near Llanafan Fawr and Abergwesyn.

Apologies if I should have posted this in a general WRT thread, but I couldn't seem to find one.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: WRT - SN 868568?!?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Reaching that point Richard, may involve something which is commonly referred to as a "Death-March'. Some are awful, never to be repeated experiences, while others can actually be okay ... but I suppose they're more 'Slightly Off Colour-Marches' :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

I remember an advert from a few years ago for the clothing company The North Face

'The beaten path is for beaten men"

I think Stu took this to heart with his route planning for other riders to "enjoy"

Just pack wellies and practice pushing your bike.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Oh dear... I've done a few of those in my time. Not entirely sure I fancy it over that sort of distance.

I shall look further south to try and skirt around it. Cheers. :)