Ritchey Outback v2 breakaway frame medium

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Tomwoodbury

Ritchey Outback v2 breakaway frame medium

Post by Tomwoodbury »

After much deliberation about bike rationalisation I’ve decided that this one has to go. It’s a wonderful frame and the breakaway feature is great but with 2 young children and other bikes that can cover gravel it’s got to go.

It’s currently built up in a 1 x GRX 810 setup. I’ll likely re-use the build kit to upgrade my surly midnight special so offering as a frame only but I would consider selling as full bike / rolling chassis or combination of bits.

I’m looking for £1025 plus postage costs. The frame is pretty much spotless and hasn’t seen much use. Helitaped from new. I believe these retail for £1600ish but seem to be hard to get hold of at present.

The frame will come with the proprietary ritchey headset, carbon fork, case that the split bike fits into (standard aircraft luggage size so no extra fee) and all the paperwork and spare cable splitters.

PM me for photos of the built up bike. I have lots of them.

Cheers
substandard

Re: Ritchey Outback v2 breakaway frame medium

Post by substandard »

Didn’t know such a thing existed! That’s one interesting solution to the whole travel problem!
Tomwoodbury

Post by Tomwoodbury »

Yeah similar to s&s couplers but with a sleeve / clamp system. It’s very neat indeed.
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Hi Tom

Sorry, I'm not going to buy your frame! I already have a frame that splits that I use as a travel-gravel bike. :-bd

What I am interested in is whether you have flown with the Ritchey case? I've always coveted an S&S soft case but been worried about the tight dimensions; the Ritchey one looks much better for fitting the whole bike into but have you had any push back when checking it as a normal suitcase? It looks like it's within BA and Easyjet published size limits at least.

Thanks
Tomwoodbury

Post by Tomwoodbury »

I have never actually dismantled the bike let alone flown with it! Part of the reason I’m selling. Sorry I can’t be of help.