Front end Friday

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

substandard

Front end Friday

Post by substandard »

A few people have asked about the funky cockpit setup I’ve been running on my bike so I’ve done a front end Friday post on instagram,

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpVEOtyMFyM ... JmNzVkMjY=

Chuffed to bits with this, anyone else got a cockpit setup they are really happy with to share? Appreciate contact point setups are all a very personal thing!
Johnallan

Re: Front end Friday

Post by Johnallan »

Looks great. You're a braver man than me drilling holes in your bars, but I appreciate it will probably be absolutely fine :smile:
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Very neat :-bd

Nothing to share sadly. Ive just added a set of clip-on aero bars to my gravel bike or hard tail on occasion when I did some multiday bikepacks.
substandard

Post by substandard »

Johnallan wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:31 pm Looks great. You're a braver man than me drilling holes in your bars, but I appreciate it will probably be absolutely fine :smile:
Two of the riv nuts are in the loop and a pair are in the main part of rhe bar inside the loop, wouldn’t entertain the idea in a carbon bar but in an ally one I’m pretty happy with it, the size of the nut relative to the bar diameter is sensible too.

The old rule of engineering, if it looks like it’s alright then it can’t be far off! Haven’t calculated the potential load bearing reduction but could I guess. It would need both to fail simultaneously which is unlikely