WTD: Cheap as chips 700c road rim brake wheels

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

substandard

WTD: Cheap as chips 700c road rim brake wheels

Post by substandard »

Trying to revive my old 50's errands/pub bike of old as someone had given me some 27" wheels FOC.

Unfortunately id forgotten that all the parts i had for it were optimised for using 700c wheels in it (long drop calipers etc) and ive only got a freehub style SS kit lying around.

Anybody got a super cheap set of 700c rim brake wheels gathering dust that could be put to good use?
Escape Goat

Re: WTD: Cheap as chips 700c road rim brake wheels

Post by Escape Goat »

I’ve got some. Don’t want to ship though. You at the winter event ?
substandard

Post by substandard »

hey, cheers for the message - unfortunately not :( beginning of the year is all a bit too manic workwise to be compatible with having fun - type 2 or otherwise!!
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

If it's a 27" wheel frame I doubt the rear spacing is 130mm, more likely 126mm for a 7spd or less screw-on freewheel hub. You could spring the steel stays out to 130 wide though which would allow some more modern wheels.

I have a pair of 6spd screw-on freewheel zipp carbon tubular rims with at least a front Hope hub that one of the old boys in my club gave me years ago if you fancy spending more money on a bonkers useless set of wheels! :lol: *goes misty-eyed about tubs for a moment, but only a moment* :wink:
substandard

Post by substandard »

Defo after 100/130 qr wheels, frame was bent on a jig to open it up from 120. Another reason the 27” I was given don’t work.

I have a deep set of road rim wheels which fit it on from another bike so I’m sure stock rim brake wheels will fit
pushirons

Post by pushirons »

I have a pair of Specialized wheels. Polished silver straight pull hubs, black spokes, black rims with shallow V profile . No decals on the rims just a laser etched S on the hub. Swapped off Specialized Allez some years ago.

£50 quid plus postage? Or pick up Stockport/NW
substandard

Post by substandard »

Cheers for the message, but too spendy for a beater bike.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Do you know anyone going to the winter event that can meet you closer to home with these wheels I have? Cost you a few 🍻 at the Wynnstay that’s all. Some DT Swiss hubs on somethings…I know they’re silver.