Middleburn cranks

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikephil

Middleburn cranks

Post by fatbikephil »

I have here two pairs of Middleburn cranks for sale.
First up is a pair of RS8 X-types bought in 2014 and used extensively until 2017. They are 175's and come with a worn but still serviceable Wolftooth 30T thick thin direct mount chainring. They also come with the pre-load adjuster but not the self extracting bolt as this got used on another crank. Condition wise they are OK with a fair bit of scuffing and some rock marks on the crank ends. The worst wear is a discernable divot worn in the drive side arm - its noticeable but in terms of section loss less than 0.5mm - all thanks to the Highland Trail 2014 group start, wearing gaiters and lots of mud. I'd be happily using them if I hadn't switched to 170 cranks. All threads are in good nick, the spindle was replaced in 2016 as the original had worn on the bearing tracks. £75 posted.

Second up is a pair of RS7 X-types bought at the end of 2014 and very well used until 2017. You read that right, this was a custom crankset I got made up for the Ice Cream Truck and its humongous BB shell. Basically the arms are like the square taper RS7's with more cant than the RS8's but they have the X type 24mm spindle. So they have a greater Q factor needed for the ICT's wide chainstays. These were prototypes at the time but are now available from Betd. The spindle is 175mm long - the longest Middleburn supply. The chainring retaining ring has been machined down and the pre load adjuster also slimmed to allow it to fit the ICT's 137mm wide PF42 BB shell. No self extracting bolt as it's gone awol. So a very specific thing but you can buy replacement spindles for £35 so it could be converted to other BB types. Condition is errr well used. I'd taped them but most of this had worn off so some bits are as new and some bits well scuffed. They also have a worn divot on the drive side thanks to gaiters, extreme mud and the Highland Trail 2015 group start. Its more pronounced than the one on the RS8's but section loss is about 0.5mm or so. Again I would use these happily if they weren't 175's. All threads and tapers good.
I'll take £45 for these posted being a bit obscure.

Divot on RS8 X type
Divot on RS7 X type
Long.....

I will also shortly have a set of 175 RS7's for sale, watch this space.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Middleburn cranks

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

They'd polish up a treat :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
BobCatMax

Re: Middleburn cranks

Post by BobCatMax »

I do love Middleburns

I've got some RS7's on my singlespeed kona
Image Image