January's Virtual Winter Event 2021 (Covid lockdown edition) Jan 9th and 10th

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Lazarus

Re: January's Virtual Winter Event 2021 (Covid lockdown edition) Jan 9th and 10th

Post by Lazarus »

You only have about 6 coppers so your chances of seeing one are pretty slim and if you speak welsh you will be fine

:-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Re: January's Virtual Winter Event 2021 (Covid lockdown edition) Jan 9th and 10th

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just an update for the Welsh among us, I've just read the details of the upcoming lockdown, thought it may save some of you a bit of time if I post it here.
Am I right to assume these restrictions are coming in to effect after the 5 day Christmas bug-fest?
May the bridges you burn light your way
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:24 pm
Just an update for the Welsh among us, I've just read the details of the upcoming lockdown, thought it may save some of you a bit of time if I post it here.
Am I right to assume these restrictions are coming in to effect after the 5 day Christmas bug-fest?
Yep from the 28th.
Fancy a bit of White Water Pack Rafting at Llangollen on the 26th and 27th Stuart?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Not unless I can convince the pup to sit still John :wink:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:56 pm Not unless I can convince the pup to sit still John :wink:
You know how and have the means to solve this little problem

https://images.app.goo.gl/G2KoFaaFXdtqm1h39

See you on the water
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

Finally touched base with John, think he was getting worried! :oops:

Just wondering how nice to be regarding his pre-determined bivi? Probably fine as Im going to have similar issues.

However I have found that I can send him to Pleasureland! :shock:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Brothersmith wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:15 pm Finally touched base with John, think he was getting worried! :oops:

Just wondering how nice to be regarding his pre-determined bivi?
Make sure all the GRs you give him are as far away from that spot as possible?*

* he'll just ignore them all anyway
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:11 pm * he'll just ignore them all anyway
:-T [-X :lol:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:11 pm
he'll just ignore them all anyway
Maybe a special rule for John: for every GR he doesn't visit he's to put £20 in the kitty :lol: :-bd

You will be assimilated!
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Tbh I think its a bit 'cheaty' to have a GR near a selected bivvy spot. I know I'm new to all this GR bagging but I thought the idea was to try and get some GRs and find a suitable spot near them, not here's my bivvy spot give me a GR.
:roll:
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

summittoppler wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:24 pm ...here's my bivvy spot give me a GR.
For most of us won't our bivi spot be in the back garden to comply with the C19 rules? So the location is fixed before the event.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

sean_iow wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:40 pm
summittoppler wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:24 pm ...here's my bivvy spot give me a GR.
For most of us won't our bivi spot be in the back garden to comply with the C19 rules? So the location is fixed before the event.
If that's the case (sleeping in the shed), my GRs are even tougher than I initially thought!
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I get this weird feeling that I'll be having two nights out but probably not stopping much to sleep :roll:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:20 pm I get this weird feeling that I'll be having two nights out but probably not stopping much to sleep :roll:
Just a week to go until your GR's are announced
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

6 days I believe.
Verena

Post by Verena »

Boo hoo :roll:, my second covid jab was meant to be on 12th January, but I had a phone call today to say there will be no vaccine's available in the UK that day (?!?!), so I needed to rebook for 9th!! Earliest appointment I was able to get was 1.30. Ah well, it'll just force me to do what I was planning on doing away, a nice leisurely morning with plenty of tea and toast as I believe is customary at this event normally, and a later start and shorter ride on the Saturday, and hopefully feel good enough to ride some more on the Sunday - maybe avoiding too many lifting-bike-over-gates situations....
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Is the Covid jab any worse than the annual flu jab (regarding side-effects/pain etc)?
Verena

Post by Verena »

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:42 pm Is the Covid jab any worse than the annual flu jab (regarding side-effects/pain etc)?
Wouldn't know, never had one (flu jab). If I had to guess, from people I know who've had both, the covid one has less side effects.

My arm was just a bit sore for a day, and only if I lifted it out sideways (why would anyone do that anyway??), I fell back asleep twice in the morning while trying to have a first cup of coffee in bed, I had a bit of headache and felt a bit tired the day after, but to be honest that could have been anything... so, yes, it's fine. None of my colleagues have had any bad side effects either. :-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I had my first flu jab today (as they've reduced the qualifying age this year) so just wondering what I had to look forward to. My wife should be getting the Covid jab soon anyway (front line health worker).
Boab

Post by Boab »

Had the flu jab on Tuesday as part of the MEMRI trial, knocked me for six. Started feeling slightly funky in the afternoon, then didn't start feeling better till the following evening. May have been impacted by the low dose epilepsy meds they're feeding me as part of the trial, or maybe not, never had a flu jab before.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:17 pm 6 days I believe.
Good point, now nearly 5 days away.
I'm open to bribes and back handers to give you the GR's early :wink:

Just done 9 of my 10 GR's for BrothersSmith, with a note with each one like photo against the gate, photo with water in the background.
I think they make 2 nice loops, but I'm going to take my time to finding the weird one.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Just message my partner to let him know it’ll be around the 3rd before I get any grid refs to him due to work ,
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

Just done 9 of my 10 GR's for BrothersSmith, with a note with each one like photo against the gate, photo with water in the background.
I think they make 2 nice loops, but I'm going to take my time to finding the weird one.
Great , that means I can get photo proof from you you've been to quash the nay sayers on here :-bd

Er did you say water in background :???:
Is the Covid jab any worse than the annual flu jab (regarding side-effects/pain etc)?
I think it depends who you ask. I have colleagues who have had no problems, my other half though was off her feet for 2 days after the first jab. The second one is supposed to have more pronounced side effects. Mind you I will takes headaches, leathery and hurty arm over the alternative any day of the week!
RIP

Post by RIP »

JohnClimber wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:43 pm Good point, now nearly 5 days away.
I'm open to bribes and back handers to give you the GR's early :wink:
Aha! Now we see the corruption endemic in the system laid bare! :grin:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm open to bribes and back handers to give you the GR's early
No need John and besides, I've no money anyway :wink:

Actually, a little disappointed here in that I can't find Sam any rudely named places to visit.