An enjoyable 4 minutes and 19 seconds.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jameso

Re: An enjoyable 4 minutes and 19 seconds.

Post by jameso »

Not being mean just not sure what there is of interest.
I don't think it's meant to be a draw-you-in expression of bikepacking, more of a film to promote supported tours run by Pannier, so if that's of interest (probably not to many on here, different rider/market) I think it does a good job of presenting a halfway between self-supported bikepacking and fully supported riding holiday.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thought I'd watch it, it's not my cuppa tea but I'm sure they enjoyed it. I'm with Andy though.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

jameso wrote:
Not being mean just not sure what there is of interest.
I don't think it's meant to be a draw-you-in expression of bikepacking, more of a film to promote supported tours run by Pannier, so if that's of interest (probably not to many on here, different rider/market) I think it does a good job of presenting a halfway between self-supported bikepacking and fully supported riding holiday.
Agreed, as an ad for a service / trip / something someone might pay for it's probably fine.
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

https://www.pannier.cc/desert-of-wales- ... p-booking/

their website does remind me of bikepacking.com

nice design though
will have a proper read later
jameso

Post by jameso »

Pannier was online before bikepacking.com I think, perhaps 7 years ago now? But I know what you mean - both are really well presented. The chap behind Pannier is a talented artist and graphic designer, it does come across in what they do.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I'm not sure I understand. It's obviously a supported tour, with the tipis, fire pits, pizza oven etc, so why carry all your other kit on the bike? Surely it would be better to just have it all transported for you?
jameso

Post by jameso »

I think they have a base and go for a camp-out from there, but could be wrong / not sure.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

It looks like they do a night in a bothy that isn't supported? Dunno, will watch again. Even I, with my penchant for TMS, am wondering what they have in all those bags and racks, apart from watermelons and pineapples, but I do get the allure of the supported tour and that trip looks brilliant.

Back in my booted 'n; suited city days, when I had the money to blow on such things, I went along on an embarrassingly large number of tours with this mob https://lafuga.cc/ Seriously brilliant team of bike nuts - you just turn up in your R@pha or Assos kit and point your £10k road bike at whatever challenge you have selected, and they do the rest.
I'm just going outside ...
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

jameso wrote:The chap behind Pannier is a talented artist and graphic designer, it does come across in what they do.
It does.

Whilst the type of riding offered by pannier might not be for us the videos and website are very well presented.

And if pannier can have clients willing to pay £295 for a weekend ride then good fortune to them.
Doing something the (presumably) enjoy and being paid for it.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

The chap behind Pannier is a talented artist and graphic designer,
.......as well as being a thoroughly nice fella and blimmin good at 'camp' catering (no, not Dale Winton grilling hot dogs). The £295 isn't expensive given the small numbers on their trips. Yes, you can scruff it with your mates for nowt if you know how, but that isn't their 'demographic'.

It's good that not all of us like and do the same things in the same way.
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Found it painful tbh. I suppose some city types will fork out the ££ and expect filtered coffee, fairy lights etc.

And how do you hike a bike wearing flip flops!!
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
cloudnine

Post by cloudnine »

Irked..!!
No one fell off, no one stood around faffing with their bags, no one got bitten by horseflies, no one needed an emergency sub standard and couldnt find somewhere to do it. Everyone looked far too happy and they would have benefited with getting totally lost....
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

boxelder wrote:
The chap behind Pannier is a talented artist and graphic designer,
.......as well as being a thoroughly nice fella and blimmin good at 'camp' catering (no, not Dale Winton grilling hot dogs). The £295 isn't expensive given the small numbers on their trips. Yes, you can scruff it with your mates for nowt if you know how, but that isn't their 'demographic'.

It's good that not all of us like and do the same things in the same way.
Yeah - I'm a big fan of supported trips, though the only one I've ever done was LEJOG. Some care has to be taken regarding route choice and/or accommodation options so as not to overwhelm the environment and facilities but that can be done wisely. My only issue with this one is the "pretence " involved in using loaded bikes (though that might have been at least partially explained above.)
jameso

Post by jameso »

I guess the option is carry your kit, or they have to use a support van. Carrying your kit from spot to spot opens up more places and is more independent.

If I could buy a bit of woodland on a hillside 20-50 miles away I'd pop a wooden hut on it and arrange ride outs for bikeglamping trips, it's be great.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Watched this earlier in the week, I enjoyed it.

Judging by the comments, I must be easily pleased?!

People riding bikes, enjoying themselves, t’is all good :-bd

And yes, the Pannier website is lovely, really do enjoy their graphics, layout etc
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

I thought this was going to be the new John Cage album. Disappointed...
This was my thought also :grin:
Give the dirt a little room.
Matt

Post by Matt »

But who had to carry the Uuni oven around?
ton

Post by ton »

pretentious bollocks........imho.
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Peeps enjoying themselves on bikes= All good in my book :-bd

This version may be a slightly more realistic interpretation though- https://vimeo.com/259327416
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

This version may be a slightly more realistic interpretation though- https://vimeo.com/259327416
Aye, not swimming now are they :wink:
#FuckHipster
May the bridges you burn light your way
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

That looked more typical of mid Wales weather. And in an odd way, somewhat more enjoyable. I wonder what size their wool socks were in the morning after sitting in the direct heat like that.

Greetz

S.
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

They had fun, that's fine. I'd like to say harmless fun but people who wear "pedo passion" socks scream danger to me...