Like the look of this.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: Like the look of this.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Some truth in that. Some feel the differences, some don't, some ride better on a bike they agree with, others ride rings around us all on any old bike. There's clearly some value in being able to experiment, U-Turn forks were great in that respect. EBBs are another one I like for making a simple effective change to a bike.
Ooh yes. I used to have racers who could feel how a motor was running with slight differences in air temp or altitude and others who couldn't tell you whether it was day or night. Always kind of thought that often it's those who don't have a 'feel' who twiddle and tinker most, generally in the hope of feeling something ... doesn't matter what it is, just something.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

The most effective changes in bike set-up I've found is in the simplest things. Moving the saddle back or forwards or up or down 5mm, raising or lowering the stem height or changing it's length by 10mm, or putting slightly different handlebars on. Gives your muscles and joints a slight change and an often much needed chance to work to a different 'set'. A guy I used to ride with changes his stem/handlebar set up every 3 months or so, not that you'd notice much. He has boxes full of stems and similar but slightly different handlebars - a change is as good as a rest or something.

It was shoe-laces tied around hubs in my memory, often accompanied by a list of gear ratios written at the back of the front mudguard in white tipex, and a sleeveless jumper and beard covered in biscuit crumbs/dandruff. We'll all get there eventually. :lol:
hanuman

Post by hanuman »

That is a handsome bike.