Exposure Support Cell

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sean_iow

Exposure Support Cell

Post by sean_iow »

I've just bought a support cell (3.1mAh) to extend the run time of my Joystick. It comes with a bracket and strap to attach it to the helmet. In the back of my mind I'm sure I've seen one clipped directly to the light. Does anyone know if the Exposure CC clip fits the support cell. One of these

http://exposurelights.com/cycle-lights/ ... s/c-c-clip

I haven't been able to find the answer on the web. I know I could phone Exposure but my boss might hear me whereas typing this looks like I'm working :lol:

Sean
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Exposure Support Cell

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

That looks like the clip supplied with the White Eye light, so I'm fairly certain it'll hold the battery to the light.

May the bridges you burn light your way
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Pretty sure the clip goes on a Joystick yes.

However, sneaky 24 hour racer trick ahoy, Velcro loop through the back of your helmet - put the support cell in this. Attach to light.

Lowers the point mass at the top of your helmet and makes it slightly less prone to bobbling around on your head. Also means a pit crew can just swap out your helmet with light and extended battery attached, but that's probably not needed.
atk

Post by atk »

sean_iow wrote:I haven't been able to find the answer on the web. I know I could phone Exposure but my boss might hear me whereas typing this looks like I'm working :lol:

Sean
They are usually pretty good at responding to emails.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

GregMay wrote:Velcro loop through the back of your helmet - put the support cell in this. Attach to light.
That's a good suggestion. I didn't want to use the supplied velcro strap through a vent on the top as it would be under the padding that sits on my head but at the back of the helmet it would be on a bit that is clear of my head and as you say also less prone to bobbing by keeping the weight lower :-bd
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

sean_iow wrote:
GregMay wrote:Velcro loop through the back of your helmet - put the support cell in this. Attach to light.
That's a good suggestion. I didn't want to use the supplied velcro strap through a vent on the top as it would be under the padding that sits on my head but at the back of the helmet it would be on a bit that is clear of my head and as you say also less prone to bobbing by keeping the weight lower :-bd
Kersactly.

One of the early tips I had passed on to me when I started racing longer things.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I bought a couple of Support Cells a while back, the bracket and strap sit on the back of a helmet pretty well, so you shouldn't just have to velcro through a vent. Mine have either gone on the back of my helmet to hook to a Joystick or strapped round my stem to clip into an Equinox on the bars.
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."
MarkW

Post by MarkW »

Depends on the size of your support cell. Mine is 2 or 3 times the diameter of a joystick which wouldn't fit. I usually run it from my backpack.
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Anyone tried the three-cell battery from mtbbatteries as an alternative to the genuine Exposure support cell? Obviously heavier but does it give acomparable weight/output ratio? And would it be overkill for using a Joystick through a long night?

Sorry for the thread hijack.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Charliecres wrote:Anyone tried the three-cell battery from mtbbatteries as an alternative to the genuine Exposure support cell? Obviously heavier but does it give acomparable weight/output ratio? And would it be overkill for using a Joystick through a long night?

Sorry for the thread hijack.
I have one. They will do it with a lead as long as you want so I got a long one to put the weight in a jersey pocket or pack.

Works well. Good customer service
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

I've got an Exposure support cell, the clip & velcro straps that it came with are fine, although i think it depends on your helmet as to how well it'll fix..

Best to put it at the back & bottom of your helmet as this is usually spaced away from your head, so the straps are not an issue..
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!