is Stu getting bitter in his old (compared to me) age or....

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Single Speed George

is Stu getting bitter in his old (compared to me) age or....

Post by Single Speed George »

so was reading stu's beginner guide to bike packing whitch i did find funy , especially the bit about fat bikes and instergram haha
but is this bitterness about the hipsterisation and popularity of the sport or is it observational comedy gold ...
are instagram , fatbikes, rapah jersys and campfires really the future of bikepacking and should we just roll with that :P
and do we really think this is ever going to be that popular in the uk, mud midges and rain ... hahaha
wriggles

Re: is Stu getting bitter in his old (compared to me) age or

Post by wriggles »

Doesnt mention front baskets. Its all about the front basket on your fat bike now. :geek:
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Attack the man on his birthday why don't you :lol:
Single Speed George

voodoo_simon wrote:Attack the man on his birthday why don't you :lol:
ye just noticed that ... we will go with the observation comedy genius option then !
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

wriggles wrote:Its all about the front basket on your fat bike now. :geek:
So true. And a little enamel coffee cup hanging from your seat pack. Don't forget that. :ugeek:
May you always have tail wind.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Careful!! Panda is watching.
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

:-P
May you always have tail wind.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I can understand how some people could view a number of things I write as containing a level of bitterness but I honestly don't think so. Nothing is ever written with malice, it's simply observation - say what you see, a bit like Catch Phrase :wink: I generally tend to think those who may be offended are offended because a raw nerve has been touched or simply, because they feel that they ought to be offended.

In my defence, I would like to remind everyone that much of my time is spent trying to encourage people to go bikepacking, maybe 9 years of the WRT goes some way towards proving that point? However, what I won't do is sugar-coat it, smooth the rough edges off or dress it up in a ball gown and ribbons in an effort to sell more stuff to more people :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Single Speed George

we shall go with observational comedy then :P i do agree that saying it like it is is the answer , and withouth new style bikepackers that film about indoor bike packing i made would be allot less funny ;)
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I have a Rab jacket, a green tent *and* a gas stove so I felt victimised. :grin:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I have a Rab jacket, a green tent *and* a gas stove so I felt victimised. :grin:
It may surprise people to learn that I too have all those things. :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:I can understand how some people could view a number of things I write as containing a level of bitterness but I honestly don't think so. Nothing is ever written with malice, it's simply observation - say what you see, a bit like Catch Phrase :wink: I generally tend to think those who may be offended are offended because a raw nerve has been touched or simply, because they feel that they ought to be offended.

In my defence, I would like to remind everyone that much of my time is spent trying to encourage people to go bikepacking, maybe 9 years of the WRT goes some way towards proving that point? However, what I won't do is sugar-coat it, smooth the rough edges off or dress it up in a ball gown and ribbons in an effort to sell more stuff to more people :wink:
I thought it was hilarious, enjoyed it a lot. And it didn't strike me as bitter at all. Mildly cynical maybe...
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

I found it a hoot to read and quite nearly spat out my London Grey Fog that I was sipping on

:lol:

Can't help thinking though that Stuart has been Facebook stalking me the last few months! I took most of those boxes :shock:
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:...what I won't do is sugar-coat it, smooth the rough edges off or dress it up in a ball gown and ribbons in an effort to sell more stuff to more people :wink:
Unless it's a stove or a pole *grins* Having refrained from trying to stuff a folding carbon pole from BBT into my mouth, I'll have to hold off with comment if it's bitter or not.

Greetz

S.
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Well the blog post had me chuckling when i read it :-bd

(Despite the lack of front baskets :wink: )
HaYWiRe

Post by HaYWiRe »

Do we all forget that dispite his residence in the middle of wales he is still british by nationality..and with such nationality comes an inherited source of Sarcasm, ingrained cynicism and a born distaste of any Americanisms!

Being British is about dealing (moaning) about rain, queuing and refusing to sugar coat anything. And i think he achieved such patriotic values brilliantly, with just the right amount of "grumpy old git" mixed in. :wink: :grin:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Yes
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Always enjoy Stu's ramblings. Personally however, I much prefer a machete over an axe for the inevitible 2am Zombie attack :wink: