New to the forum

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatboyslow

New to the forum

Post by fatboyslow »

Hi all,

Just wanted to hi! New member and new to bike Packing!

I had discussed trying out some bike packing with my wife, and then got lots of nice ortlieb bike bags for Christmas so I guess I should do something about it!

Having never wild camped or bivied it is all going to be a bit of an adventure!

I don't really have a clue what I am doing so will be reading lots of threads to get ideas!

Cheers
Richard G

Re: New to the forum

Post by Richard G »

Hola, and welcome!
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Hi.

I'm sure you'll be fine, just ease in to it and find what works for you. We're not all doing or capable of the amazing feats of endurance that some do, but I'm sure we all have fun, of some type :wink:
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Welcome. Where are you located?
I'm just going outside ...
fatboyslow

Post by fatboyslow »

I live in deepest darkest hampshire :D the SDW is about 8miles south of me, and I have had quite a few friends do it in a day (and one working on doing the double). I am no where near as fast, which is why I am thinking of bimbling along it over two days :D

cheers
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

fatboyslow wrote:I live in deepest darkest hampshire :D the SDW is about 8miles south of me, and I have had quite a few friends do it in a day (and one working on doing the double). I am no where near as fast, which is why I am thinking of bimbling along it over two days :D

cheers
If you want to try out some a group of us does them quite often in the Hamps/West Sussex area. Msg me and I'll hook you up with the others.