Thanks

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Matt

Thanks

Post by Matt »

As Ever to Dee & Stuart

Cracking weekend!

Thanks for the route, the food, for sorting decent weather and for telling the lady at the Community centre she may get some business
Richard G

Re: Thanks

Post by Richard G »

Aye, top job all round. :)

Thanks all.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Yes, the whole weekend worked well, from the meetup at the Star on Friday night, to the event itself, the community centre cafe, the breakfast on Sunday, the weather and the people. All brought together by Stu and Dee. Thanks :-bd
Karl

Post by Karl »

Ey, another great event. Thanks guys you are officially the best!!!
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Ditto to all the above!
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Cheers Dee and Stu especially for putting up with my "expectant father's" pacing around this afternoon. :lol: Despite the endless cups of tea today, I still needed two cups of coffee to make the drive home.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Yup, big thanks from me. Fantastic route, great crowd and a top notch feed at the end.
Ian

Post by Ian »

What they all said :-bd

Chuffed to get a tee shirt too, as I didn't order one in advance and was kicking myself a bit as the design is the best to date.
HUX

Post by HUX »

Yep,cracking weekend guys. vaguely exciting route,great riding company and amazing doner pizza in Knighton. Also a massive thanks to the all night cafe. Top job! Chuffed to bits aswell to finish sub 20hr.....just. Thanks Stu and Dee
Last edited by HUX on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

the bacon rolls were lovely, but no, they didn't make up for the last 15km section. not event close.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Okay, I'm very glad that most people appeared to have had a 'good' time. Anyone who's not ridden a BB200 before and is wondering what the last 20km was all about, really ought to think themselves very, very lucky ... you genuinely got away lightly this year :wink:

I'd like to say a big thank you to the following because without them, the BB200 wouldn't have been the slick, well oiled machine it was :-bd

All the riders ... if there's no riders, there's no BB, 'tis that simple. It makes no difference whether you came in after 15 hours or 35, the stories and memories are the same (well, similar).

Kev C ... Although not riding this year, he kindly donated his weekend to helping get everyone else out there. Gairy should have a mention here too, again not riding but on hand whenever called upon.

Matt ... After pulling off a 'black' in good time, he spent Sun morning making sure everyone was signed in and awarded their badge :-bd

The Star Inn, Dylife ... for welcoming all and sundry on Fri night and allowing their carpark to be turned into a refugee crisis.

Glyndwr's Cafe and Belinda ... for going above and beyond the call of duty. I believe some people even cried when they reached it :wink:

Dee ... for the things you don't see and the things you do. No Dee, no Bear Bones.

Once again - ta.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Okay, I'm very glad that most people appeared to have had a 'good' time. Anyone who's not ridden a BB200 before and is wondering what the last 20km was all about, really ought to think themselves very, very lucky ... you genuinely got away lightly this year :wink:

I'd like to say a big thank you to the following because without them, the BB200 wouldn't have been the slick, well oiled machine it was :-bd

All the riders ... if there's no riders, there's no BB, 'tis that simple. It makes no difference whether you came in after 15 hours or 35, the stories and memories are the same (well, similar).

Kev C ... Although not riding this year, he kindly donated his weekend to helping get everyone else out there. Gairy should have a mention here too, again not riding but on hand whenever called upon.

Matt ... After pulling off a 'black' in good time, he spent Sun morning making sure everyone was signed in and awarded their badge :-bd

The Star Inn, Dylife ... for welcoming all and sundry on Fri night and allowing their carpark to be turned into a refugee crisis.

Glyndwr's Cafe and Belinda ... for going above and beyond the call of duty. I believe some people even cried when they reached it :wink:

Dee ... for the things you don't see and the things you do. No Dee, no Bear Bones.

Once again - ta.
:-bd
Matt

Post by Matt »

BB200 before and is wondering what the last 20km was all about, really ought to think themselves very, very lucky ... you genuinely got away lightly this year
Strangely glad that the last 20km was crap otherwise would have felt cheated. So thanks to Dee again as a road roll would have seen me back in >18hours which would have proof it was too easy....
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

I echo all the above thanks and gratitude.

Really enjoyed the ride and even found myself saying out loud to myself somewhere in that last 20km, "Well it wouldn't be the BB200 without stuff like this".

I will add though that I must have been sleeping whilst riding as I never saw Glyndwr's Cafe? Mind you, if I had stopped, I may well have never got going again!

Si
Last edited by darbeze on Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Blessed are the sausage makers.
notinabox

Post by notinabox »

Quote "Glyndwr's Cafe and Belinda ... for going above and beyond the call of duty. I believe some people even cried when they reached it :wink:"

I bloody did!!! It was closed :lol: :???:

Ditto to all the Thanks & comments about how great the event was. Absolutely love this event. Be very proud of it Stu and Dee. x
The noise goes quiet when I'm on my bike :)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Be very proud of it Stu and Dee.
Much more proud of you lot to be honest :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
notinabox

Post by notinabox »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Be very proud of it Stu and Dee.
Much more proud of you lot to be honest :wink:
:-bd
The noise goes quiet when I'm on my bike :)
Single Speed George

Post by Single Speed George »

Thanks to everyone I rode with was fun ! Bombing across moorland in the dark , and such. Thanks to Stu and dee for all the cups of tea I drank whilst procrastination before driving home haha was good to catch up with everyone
Last edited by Single Speed George on Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Since this seems to be the summary thread here's my post ride breakdown, I'll do a blog later.

Highs:

The moorland tracks between Knighton and Llanbister
Spotting several Red Kites, Buzzards and Barn Owls (not all at once)
Duncan for finding and returning my glasses (they are only a cheap pair from Asda but useful for things like this)
Belinda (and helpers) at the Bwlch y Sarnau community centre - absolute star. :-bd
Actually managing to see Stu, it's not a race, Cowperthwaite out on the course.

And of course Stu and Dee for pulling it all together. :-bd

Lows:

Surprisingly not the 15Km sting in the tail - I think I was in the "thousand yard stare/death march" zone by that point so beyond caring.

Being denied my full three hours sleep when back at BB HQ by a lovelorn girl - "John! wimper, sob. Johhhhhhn!! weep, burble. JOHN! sob, sob. JOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! sniffle JOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!" There was at least half an hour of this - let's just say it didn't get more varied or edifying but it did get louder, Romeo and Juliet it wasn't.

The weird:

The slightly aggrieved woman at Skyborry Green - "You can't go up here, it's not a right of way, it's a bridleway. Bikes aren't allowed!" :???:

My first BB200, it won't be my last but I'm already booked for something else next year so it will be 2018 for me.
Matt

Post by Matt »

You can't go up here, it's not a right of way, it's a bridleway. Bikes aren't allowed!"
"I've been nearly run over 5 times already"

Well maybe you shouldn't hide in a bush and jump out in front of cyclists and tell them a they can't ride a bridleway :-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

whitestone wrote:Being denied my full three hours sleep when back at BB HQ by a lovelorn girl - "John! wimper, sob. Johhhhhhn!! weep, burble. JOHN! sob, sob. JOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! sniffle JOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!" There was at least half an hour of this - let's just say it didn't get more varied or edifying but it did get louder, Romeo and Juliet it wasn't.
Ugh, the guy looking for her beforehand was just as annoying. What a pair of complete nutters.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Matt wrote:
You can't go up here, it's not a right of way, it's a bridleway. Bikes aren't allowed!"
"I've been nearly run over 5 times already"

Well maybe you shouldn't hide in a bush and jump out in front of cyclists and tell them a they can't ride a bridleway :-bd
I wonder if its the same woman who shouted at us to "slow down, there's children about" she was at the house just before the very sharp left hand bend at the start of the climb there.

Didn't see any children either 'about' or otherwise occupied...
PJG

Post by PJG »

Thanks to Stuart & Dee for putting on a cracking event.
My first BB200, but I'll be back for more punishment :grin:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

That's the one Ian, at the bottom of the last steep climb before Bucknell Woods and Knighton. Took a few minutes of chatting to get her become human again :lol: