Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearlegged

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Bearlegged »

Chaos strikes the Isle of Wight - has anyone herd* from Sean? Hope he's OK.
https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/2385 ... -moo-ment/

*sorry.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Puns on overdrive there - lawn-mooer indeed.

Anyway, what're the couple beefing about, they must have left the garden gate open, which was veally silly. I wonder hei-far the cows would have got if they hadn't been spotted?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

It must be cheer for someone somewhere.
so I'll kick start it......
The weather's is not much to write home about, so I won't mention it.

(opps I just have :roll: )

But..
This cheered me up... :grin:
The Independent:Man aged 107 reveals three things he eats every day for a longer life
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Boab

Post by Boab »

My son is coming home from University for the weekend. That's pretty cheery, especially for his Mum...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Meanwhile, in the "What aren't you drinking now?" thread, the Sheffield Beer Festival is cancelled for this evening due to flood risk.

https://twitter.com/CAMRA_Official/stat ... 9738485006

That's my Cheery Friday plans thrown into disarray.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Pretty cheery seeing as it's my 64th birthday, just back from a 2 hour recce ride around the course of the mountain bike race I'm participating in on Sunday. It starts about 200m from home and the local trail fairies have been very busy clearing miles of single track in the forest that surrounds the village. Clear sunny day here just for a change 🙂 and the temperature has finally fallen to an ideal 20-25°
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

🥳🍻🎂
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

pistonbroke wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:24 pm Pretty cheery seeing as it's my 64th birthday, just back from a 2 hour recce ride around the course of the mountain bike race I'm participating in on Sunday. It starts about 200m from home and the local trail fairies have been very busy clearing miles of single track in the forest that surrounds the village. Clear sunny day here just for a change 🙂 and the temperature has finally fallen to an ideal 20-25°
Happy Birthday Duncan

And an advance Happy Birthday to Johnclimber for Monday

Cheery Friday here as my Cambridge Audio A1 amp has arrived and I can go turntable shopping at the w/e
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Boab

Post by Boab »

Dave Barter wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:06 pm Cheery Friday here as my Cambridge Audio A1 amp has arrived and I can go turntable shopping at the w/e
Oooooo, what are you looking at demoing...? Very happy with my recent Rega Planar 3 50th Anniversary purchase.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Boab wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:08 pm
Dave Barter wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:06 pm Cheery Friday here as my Cambridge Audio A1 amp has arrived and I can go turntable shopping at the w/e
Oooooo, what are you looking at demoing...? Very happy with my recent Rega Planar 3 50th Anniversary purchase.
I'm a bit skint so looking at a Denon DP29F. My amp does not have the phono module and the Denon has a built in pre-amp.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Boab

Post by Boab »

Dave Barter wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:42 pm I'm a bit skint so looking at a Denon DP29F. My amp does not have the phono module and the Denon has a built in pre-amp.
Any deck is better than no deck! 👍
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Cheery as I'm in the process of paying my mortgage off, 7 years early. Just need the Lloyds bank to pull their finger out, probably have to do some legal stuff and my house is all mine!
Other than that, looks like rain an mud will feature on the weekends bike riding (plus got a wee machining job to do!) but that is fair penance for the nice weather I got on the BB.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

fatbikephil wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:28 pm Cheery as I'm in the process of paying my mortgage off, 7 years early. Just need the Lloyds bank to pull their finger out, probably have to do some legal stuff and my house is all mine!
Other than that, looks like rain an mud will feature on the weekends bike riding (plus got a wee machining job to do!) but that is fair penance for the nice weather I got on the BB.
Nice one - managed that about fifteen years ago. Makes a HUGE difference to your monthly finances!
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
RIP

Post by RIP »

Ravioli, ravioli, and ravioli? (RIP)
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

On hols in Kefalonia with the Kids. Wife, who's a Deputy Head, had to delay for 2 days as Ofsted decided the best day for them to turn up was the day we left. Fuckers. Heading to pick her up in an hour.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Good bivvy spot that, hope you get away before the owners turn up :grin:
RIP

Post by RIP »

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by RIP on Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny, mate. I have definitely considered sleeping outside and even wondered where I could get a bike to cycle round to the beach and back to make it into a BAM for Oct.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Rapideye wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:06 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny, mate. I have definitely considered sleeping outside and even wondered where I could get a bike to cycle round to the beach and back to make it into a BAM for Oct.
On the airbed to trump Frog :mrgreen:
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

fatbikephil wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:28 pm Cheery as I'm in the process of paying my mortgage off, 7 years early. Just need the Lloyds bank to pull their finger out, probably have to do some legal stuff and my house is all mine!
Hip hip hooray!
:O) :YMPARTY:
We did that over 10 years ago. if fact the projected original completion date is in 2 months time.
I think we paid it off in 7 years after being tied into a capped period of 5 years. Unsuprisingly I wasn't allowed to buy a new bike then....
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Wife, who's a Deputy Head, had to delay for 2 days as Ofsted decided the best day for them to turn up was the day we left
Holiday in term time? :o Looks great. Enjoy.
Very happy with my recent Rega Planar 3 50th Anniversary
I've got a Rega Planar sat in a cupboard upstairs - redundant since 2016..........
looking at a Denon DP29F. My amp does not have the phono module and the Denon has a built in pre-amp.
Reminds me of: https://youtu.be/TxQqWSnsHoA?si=kbSbH0xXfnmrDWyk

I guess bike shops aren't too different.
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

boxelder wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:15 pm
Wife, who's a Deputy Head, had to delay for 2 days as Ofsted decided the best day for them to turn up was the day we left
Holiday in term time? :o Looks great. Enjoy.

Too right! She supposedly only 'works' 4 days a week but always works on the 5th which is supposed to be a non-working day. The one year she claws back 2 days to fit in a week away (1st trip abroad since COVID) and be able to get back to UK for my twin girl's 18th birthdays, Ofsted turn up. She got the message the day before we flew and I had to scarper around to pick up a flight for her to be able to join us at the earliest opportunity. Nevermind, all done now and we all get to enjoy the rest of the time away.
Very happy with my recent Rega Planar 3 50th Anniversary
I've got a Rega Planar sat in a cupboard upstairs - redundant since 2016..........

All very decent turntables, even the Planar 2 models had a decent sound.
Verena

Post by Verena »

Cheery as I've just spent all of fifty quid on a return ferry ticket Dover to Dunkirk for me plus bike for May next year.

Been wanting to do that for a while now.

Plan is to take the car to Dover, then ferry, then ride "home" to my parents' house for my birthday, over a few days.

Either visit a couple of bikepacking folk in Belgium and the Netherlands on the way, or using E5, or even better, make it up as I go along :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Verena wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:05 am make it up as I go along :-bd
Is there any other way? :???: :smile:

Sounds good. Hope it's not 4-6th :wink:

fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Phew, another hectic week done, off out tonight but given the drookit weather forecast a shed awaits! (hopefully)
I kind of feel I need to go out in crap weather to make up for all the sunshine I've cycled in this year...