Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Verena

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Verena »

Why thank you Reg :cool:

How are you so quick getting pics onto the forum?!?

It was in fact a hot chocolate, consumed in the most posh surrounds of the Metropole Hotel in Llandridod Wellls, you know the one right next to the National Cycle museum...

Chosen for its excellent car charging facilities.

To call this a drink would be ridiculous.

We fitted right in there, me in my smelly running kit of garish colours ...
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

RIP wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:21 pm Head polishing? Sounds like a euphemism to me.

I'm sure someone on Here will tell me off for posting their coffee but this has to be the most majestic cappucino I've ever seen. Unless it's a hot choc disguised in a coffee cup. Or a knickerbocker glory disguised as a hot choc disguised as a coffee. Anyway, well played that Boner!

Me, stuck in queue behind you,repeatedley looking at the time and muttering to myself. " Jesus f#ckin christ, all I want is a cup of coffee" :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

:lol:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
RIP

Post by RIP »

Verena wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:37 pm Why thank you Reg :cool:

How are you so quick getting pics onto the forum?!?

It was in fact a hot chocolate, consumed in the most posh surrounds of the Metropole Hotel in Llandridod Wellls, you know the one right next to the National Cycle museum...
Sometimes manage it several seconds before they were even taken :smile: .

I love the way the sauce has gone off piste onto the complimentary shortbread. Must have been a very enthusiastic sprayer. Goodness knows what the walls looked like afterwards.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:47 pm Today (and yesterday so I'm still OT) I have been polishing the heads of bolts people will never see. Can't explain why that makes me happy but it does. :roll: :-bd
This also makes me happy :smile:
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Zippy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:10 pm
Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:47 pm Today (and yesterday so I'm still OT) I have been polishing the heads of bolts people will never see. Can't explain why that makes me happy but it does. :roll: :-bd
This also makes me happy :smile:
Nobody will see, but you will know
Verena

Post by Verena »

woodsmith wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:40 pm
RIP wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:21 pm Head polishing? Sounds like a euphemism to me.

I'm sure someone on Here will tell me off for posting their coffee but this has to be the most majestic cappucino I've ever seen. Unless it's a hot choc disguised in a coffee cup. Or a knickerbocker glory disguised as a hot choc disguised as a coffee. Anyway, well played that Boner!

Me, stuck in queue behind you,repeatedley looking at the time and muttering to myself. " Jesus f#ckin christ, all I want is a cup of coffee" :lol:
:lol: :lol: don't you just hate those people
RIP

Post by RIP »

I know we're all bored with Wordle, but Reg just got today's first try! Rather stunned. Odds (*)?

(*) Apparently it's 1 in 2500, IF "you have the creator's target words list". Yee-e-es....

woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

RIP wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:25 pm I know we're all bored with Wordle, but Reg just got today's first try! Rather stunned. Odds (*)?

(*) Apparently it's 1 in 2500, IF "you have the creator's target words list". Yee-e-es....
I'm struggling to think of any five letter words to describe you at the moment :lol:
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

My word choices today were in order Stare, thong, booth, cloth and, to be fair, I find that to be the usual sequence of events.
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Rapideye wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:45 pm My word choices today were in order Stare, thong, booth, cloth and, to be fair, I find that to be the usual sequence of events.
beast - trump - itchy - cloth for me. Approx 50% of mine are solved in 4 lines
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

woodsmith wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:00 pm
RIP wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:25 pm I know we're all bored with Wordle, but Reg just got today's first try! Rather stunned. Odds (*)?

I'm struggling to think of any five letter words to describe you at the moment :lol:
Fluke?? :roll:

jammy :grin:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

fatbikephil wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:55 pm Very very cheery! Mum's been getting treatment for cancer and today got the all clear :-bd A few beers tonight methinks but up early tomorrow as I'm off to go up and down hills whilst attached to a pair of planks, in the sunshine! :-bd
Very pleased to hear that Phil :-bd
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:32 am Enjoy Dave :-bd

Me, I'm just cheery because it's not raining again.
Thanks Stu. Didn't make it to the east coast for reasons, but had a good 2 and a half days of riding. Might post some blether and pics in due course. It was very much not raining, which was very much appreciated, the more so for it being very much raining on the east coast when I left, which is usually the reverse situation.
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

Woke up in a ditch :-bd

Mostly cheery as its the last day of compulsory medical mask wearing at work. Whilst it may not seem like much in the scheme of things, as someone with severe hearing loss who mostly 'hears' by lip reading, it's a massive step towards a more-cheery work life :-bd
Verena

Post by Verena »

Johnallan wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:28 am Woke up in a ditch :-bd
Always a joy :-bd
Verena

Post by Verena »

Yay, it's a cheery Friday, now that I've wasted a bit of time scrolling through posts on here :-bd

Looking forward to dusting off the bike tomorrow, for what feels like the first time in aaaages....

And been planning a walk up Lord Hereford's Knob in April with some mates, and putting together sill suggestions for an appropriately themed picnic....
RIP

Post by RIP »

Undertones at Northampton Roadmender tonight with my mate Lord Jezzer of Bell End. Not been to a live Young Persons Popular Music Concert for ages.

I did it as a 'gigpacking' outing the previous two times, kipping in some dodgy woods next to the industrial estate after riding there on my Brompton, but I need my beauty sleep these days so it's last train home afterwards this time.
Last edited by RIP on Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

First visit to the office in a looooong time today. Made the trip into town worthwhile with a spot of #CoffeeOutside, and a trip to one of my fave beer merchants, at which a fellow patron very generously gave me a sip of their barley wine. Since then, my typing this afternoon has gone to hits.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Enjoy Reg :-bd

My work leaving do last night - made sure not to get too carried away as I don't get paid to be hungover anymore so I'd only be wasting my own time! Felt slightly sluggish, but still capable of a quick yoga session, some bike tinkering (both mine and my girlfriend's new-to-her road bike for her impending introduction to triathlon :shock: ), firewood chopping, and finishing boarding the garage ceiling, which I really need to get back to before it starts raining and cutting stuff outside becomes an issue.

First audax (200km) in way too long tomorrow, so getting ready for that and an early night.

Plenty of cheer here :-bd
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Cheery for me and Hels as we are up in Scotland for a weeks walking
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
RIP

Post by RIP »

Got a degree in Economics, Maths, Physics and Bionics.

Great fun that was! Couldn't handle the pit this time though, geriatric old fart now.

Bit pissed.... lucky got the train times written on my hand! Ahh.. just like the old days.

Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Did she still love you on the 2nd of March?
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
RIP

Post by RIP »

A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell......

fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

:lol:
First works bender for ages last night although only 5 turned up. Broughton Ales 'Merlin' figured heavily but feeling fine this morning awaiting the heavy rain showers to go off before hitting the road on the steamroller :-bd