BB200 Route.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

GregMay

Re: BB200 Route.

Post by GregMay »

Richard G wrote:Win. I wonder how well I can digest a kebab whilst cycling. lol
Non issue. Two mains and another 130kms riding was pretty norm on the latter days of the Divide :)
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I'm thinking I might have a more delicate stomach than that, but I'm willing to try! :lol:
slarge

Post by slarge »

Nice ride out maybe. What about the ride back?
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Trying to decide on footwear; I suffered badly with cold feet!

Are there any significant stream/river crossings that will have my feet immersed above ankle level?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Are there any significant stream/river crossings that will have my feet immersed above ankle level?
None I can think of.
May the bridges you burn light your way
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
None I can think of.
But what about the miles of tussocky bogs?! (Always make sure you ask the right questions!)
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Plus, he counts that one crossing as more of a "channel" than a stream / river. :lol:
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

Or where trying to find the actual path through a swamp is as easy as the invisible maze on the adventure game . . . A reference that's probably lost on many!
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

adjustablewench wrote:Or where trying to find the actual path through a swamp is as easy as the invisible maze on the adventure game . . . A reference that's probably lost on many!
Although it's coming back as a celebrity special soon :-bd
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Is there a start list yet Stuart?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I don't think I'm going to bother Ian - the list is changing by the hour, it'd be out of date before I'd got half way through typing it :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
I don't think I'm going to bother Ian - the list is changing by the hour, it'd be out of date before I'd got half way through typing it :wink:

Fair enough. I'm only being nosey anyway! It's a thankless task so keep up the good work, and thanks :-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Well, I've had a look at the route now. First impressions are that getting lost (or at least missing a turn) will be too easy. I'm quite taken aback by the number of twists and turns.

I also now see why Knighton could be so important. I suspect that the Coop in Llandiloes might be getting some of my custom too. :grin:
Mike

Post by Mike »

I don't think cold feet will be an issue this yr. Iv been out for two days and got wet feet. I suffer bad from the cold in my hands n feet and it's been fine it's very mild at the moment and sunny by day. The weather is looking great so I'd not worry to much. The trails are dry also ( well at least up north Wales anyhow ) I'd imagine it's the same mid Wales

Can't wait now....Friday night should be good in the pub sounds like there's a good tally of us :-bd

Oh and I used my 150 quilt last night and I was more than warm enough with some helly pjs
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I'm half tempted to drive up and get a BBQ going somewhere between Knighton and the finish. There'll be a good supply of hot dogs and burgers with and chips and beer,. :mrgreen:
gairym

Post by gairym »

Pirahna wrote:I'm half tempted to drive up and get a BBQ going somewhere between Knighton and the finish. There'll be a good supply of hot dogs and burgers with and chips and beer,. :mrgreen:
Genius idea!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Sold. lol
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Currently suffering a case of the BB200 sniffles/lurgy. Bike and kit are packed in the car, going to drive down tonight and meet you all at the start. Hoping I'll be OK to ride. If not, I'll hang about and hinder or help Stu for a bit. Currently looking for someone from Team Sky to send me some Tramadol.

Bah.
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Commiserations / Good luck to those who have come down with something / picked up injuries.

I think I'm ready, best be off then.

See some of you at the Star.

:-bd
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Three finishers that I'm aware of. Stu C back at 12:13 (from a 9:04 start) Lee and I finished at 12:23 (from a 9:03 start)

Haven't seen anyone else but we've all been drinking tea and chatting in my van so haven't actually been looking.

The last section will provide some, erm, good value for people. Expect average speeds to be a bit lower for the last 20k than the rest. There's quite a bit of pushing!
larsmars

Post by larsmars »

Well done Stu C, Ian Fitz and Lee. Sad to have missed it this year, due to slowly healing wrist injury. Looking forward to seeing photos and planning on being back next year. :-bd
Ian

Post by Ian »

I was 08:16 am start, finishing 01:06 am
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

On the subject... North of Dylife - WHYYYYY?!? :lol:

I'm going to drive up there and scout out some more interesting (but still challenging) options in the spring. :ugeek:
Ian

Post by Ian »

Richard G wrote:On the subject... North of Dylife - WHYYYYY?!? :lol:

I'm going to drive up there and scout out some more interesting (but still challenging) options in the spring. :ugeek:
Apparently it's Dee's fault. Stu was going to take us down the road, but Dee said that'd be too easy... Still, can't complain. If we'd gone down the road, we'd have felt cheated out of that "Bear Bones Magic" that features in each edition :lol:
Last edited by Ian on Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Could I just have someone blindfold me and throw me in a tussock puddle at the end to replicate it? I'll do the miles and elevation, honest! :lol: