Thanks mr bearbones!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

brotherhuw

Thanks mr bearbones!

Post by brotherhuw »

Thanks to bearbones hq for organising the wrt this year! I had a great time, some great riding and ate more fruit pastels than previously thought humanly possible! Home and dry now, and already looking forward to next year! Thanks again
Huw
Matt

Re: Thanks mr bearbones!

Post by Matt »

& Mrs Bearbones :-bd
brotherhuw

Post by brotherhuw »

Of course, and Mrs bearbones! Sorry Mrs bearbones.
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

yep, Thanks mr and missus bearbones, I got home safe about 5ish, lots of miles under the belt on the weary way back to wigan, :shock: :lol:

cheers to Al and Paul (Alpamayo) for letting me tag along on day one, and nice to meet Andy peers who joined in with us too, then it was solo from Dollgellau to the north coast and I met up with the Late (or not even taking part sometimes) Jase :wink: on prestatyn beach for a campover in the dunes, then I pressed on homeward via the coastal path and the Wirral round trail to Birkenhead, train under the Mersey and the last 20 odd miles to home :-bd

Cheeseburgers (without the bun) for tea :mrgreen:
Last edited by Lawmanmx on Mon May 02, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Thanks Stuart for assembling the best array of checkpoints of any WRT I've partaken in. Really opened up some new trails for me this year and gave me a reason to visit some little corners I've had my eye on for a while. With that and the weather, it ensured I had a great adventure. :-bd

Thanks to Dee for the wonderful cake. Was glad you saved me some lemon drizzle cake :grin:
Last edited by Ian on Mon May 02, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paramart

Post by paramart »

yep usuall big thanks to stu and dee, nothing beats tea and cake as a moral booster when wet :-bd cheers jay I think you did bloody great ss chews unfit route, must remember crampons next time :lol:
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Just like my thanks too.... and Dee; the lemon drizzle cake was the best.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Okay, everythng's now packed away and I've just finished washing up, so I'll get my thank you's out of the way.

Firstly, thank you to everyone who took part. Every year, I find myself wondering whether to call a halt to the WRT but each year the enthusiasm of riders makes me reconsider. Given the conditions, it was odd to see so many smiles at the end. After 8 years, I shouldn't be surprised but I always am - so thank you for enjoying it.

Thank you to Chew, Taylor and Matt for their assistance, very much appreciated.

Thank you to our prize sponsors - Wildcat, Alpkit, Keep Pedalling, Trail 42, Cycle Miles, Wild Things Publishing, Alpamayo. I think you'll agree that we had some great prizes this year. These people understand what you do, they're making a living not a killing, so please support them when you can because as we all know - what goes round comes round.

Thank you to Izzy at Alpkit for taking the time to bake an actual cake mountain :shock:

Finally, I'd like to say a rather special thank you to Dee. The WRT (or anything else) simply can't happen without her.
May the bridges you burn light your way
barney

Post by barney »

Liked this year's t-shirts as well... Mrs Barney stared at it blankly for about 5 minutes before it "clicked" ! :lol:
Wait for me...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Trying to come up with a symbol to represent 'Thing' wasn't easy. In the end it was decided that you're all old enough to remember the hand that lived inside the box in the Adams Family ... who as we all know, was called Thing :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
scott of the woods

Post by scott of the woods »

Firstly what a great weekend I had doing "a version" of Chews route B, it was challenging and great to see some brilliant parts of this area of Wales, thank you Chew. Thanks to the guys who shared their weekend with me, Dr Nick, RIP, Pickers, and for day one Norway calling, I had a good laugh listening to all your tales, and kept spirits high when the rain was getting the better of me. Last but not least my thanks goes out to Stu and Dee for organising such an excellent weekend, it's great to meet such friendly people I will be back next year just for the cake alone!
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

brotherhuw wrote: ate more fruit pastels than previously thought humanly possible
I don't think I can face another sultana for a while either :grin:

And yes, thanks to Stu and Dee.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
DPM

Post by DPM »

While we are in a thanking mood - I wanted to repeat everything already said! Great checkpoints, great event, great tea & cake, great llama, great adventures. Thanks Stu and Dee for pulling it all together. Despite the weather, tired legs and kit scattered everywhere we are still grinning :grin:

Loved meeting other WRTers, especially the LHC B ride at the 'League of Gentlemen' chippy on sat evening in Tywyn and the Sunday Morning Breakfast Crew in the only Cafe in Dol.

Much fun had all weekend long :-bd
scott of the woods

Post by scott of the woods »

DPM wrote:While we are in a thanking mood - I wanted to repeat everything already said! Great checkpoints, great event, great tea & cake, great llama, great adventures. Thanks Stu and Dee for pulling it all together. Despite the weather, tired legs and kit scattered everywhere we are still grinning :grin:

Loved meeting other WRTers, especially the LHC B ride at the 'League of Gentlemen' chippy on sat evening in Tywyn and the Sunday Morning Breakfast Crew in the only Cafe in Dol.

Much fun had all weekend long :-bd
Ha ha! I forgot about the Golden Sands chippy!
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Thanks for number 8.
Just didn't feel the love for both nights out being wet and miserable.
Billy was gutted to not finish it and has suggested another go next year. :-bd
notinabox

Post by notinabox »

Just a huge thank you for the WRT existing at all! Thanks again Stu and Dee. Making life better!

Cheers
Steve and Dillon :-bd
The noise goes quiet when I'm on my bike :)
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

I can only echo the comments above, we had a great time. Certainly hope to be back next year, probably with better waterproofs and more socks.
Highlights: Golden Sands, new friends, the descent into Happy Valley, the 1st night bivvy spot, the random Space hopper, the pub in Dyfi (Tafarn Dwynant at Ceinws) friendly and properly nice food, the sun that finally appeared about 2 miles from the finish, lemon drizzle cake.
WRT actually means Welsh Rain Thing doesn't it.....
Very many thanks to Stu and Dee, we'll be back.
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

Thanks to all for a brilliant weekend, even the soggy bits were fun. I vaguely managed to keep up with the boys which helped :)
Mike

Post by Mike »

As always another great weekend in Wales. Cheers Stu and Dee for all the hard work ( Dee that banana oaty cake was vaguely exciting ). Right now im going to repack my stuff as its all clean and dry again and head down to Braunton for some more riding :-bd ( in the sun this time )
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Thanks stu & dee good weekend as always :-bd . Chew thanks for the route my legs are stif this morning and my face is still burning from the wind&rain :lol:
Trying to ride bikes.
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

Echoing the sentiments of others - thanks to Stuart and Dee for organising a fabby long weekend. Thanks to /chew for a LHC route B which the vaguely exciting 'B' team kind of followed.

Thanks to the aforementioned 'B' team - Scott of the woods, RIP, Pickers, and Norway calling (on day one). A great mix of much politeness - always waiting to re-group and 'thanks' given for gate opening and holding, combined with ongoing piss-taking the rest of the time! :mrgreen:

and thanks to the chap who's name I don't recall but who let me ride off on his Jones plus whilst he enjoyed a snack on a bench!

Highlights were the views, the descents, the world's surliest chip shop (League of Gentlemen, indeed), a fab full English, some great pub grub, each time the sun briefly came out, the Friday night bivvy spot, Dee's lemon drizzle cake, and the buckets of tea I drank at the start and finish...
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
rich.mike

Post by rich.mike »

Thanks for organising everything Stu and Dee, sorry for scaring your Llama (and everyone within ten miles) on the final decent, I'll post photos of the state of the brake pads and disks later today. I've already forgotten about the rain and hail, some fantastic memories from this weekend!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I think I'm suffering with PTSD from a few points in the ride... but it was a tough / enjoyable weekend for me, so thanks!

Knees held up perfectly, which I'm over the moon about. Did wreck my achilles, but that was because of smashing it on my pedal too many times dealing with those damn gates.

Edit - Oh, did anyone go through a section that looked like a car junkyard after / before the waypoint near Dyfi forest? I thought I was going to get Deliveranced.
The Boss
Site Admin

Post by The Boss »

Mike wrote:( Dee that banana oaty cake was vaguely exciting ).
Glad you liked it Mike. Ian said exactly the same as me, looked like pork pie. The recipe had optional nuts - would that enrich the experience do you think? It could make an appearance at the January event perhaps?

Thanks Richard for not disturbing us with your late return. I have your t. shirt, safe and sound :smile:

Well done to everyone for turning up and suffering the weather, after all, without you there wouldn't be an event!

Dee
Matt

Post by Matt »

car junkyard after
Ian mentioned a Jaguar graveyard