Improving my groundsheet protector

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

mtbmarkymark

Improving my groundsheet protector

Post by mtbmarkymark »

Tried a sheet of Polycro as a groundsheet protector on my last trip. I cut it 10cm smaller than the groundsheet of the tent
There was a light breeze and I had the devils own job trying to get it to stay on the grass whilst I pitched the tent above it.
I've thought about very small pegs but worried about damaging the ground sheet of the tent
Am I missing a trick here ? or do I need to make friends with an octopus to hold it down for me
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Improving my groundsheet protector

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Try tying it to the peg out points on the groundsheet. You should be able to bunch the polycro up enough to form something you can fasten a thin cord to.
May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

The second part of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3IgELMUUk shows how to quickly tie a line to the corner of a sheet.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
richvs

Post by richvs »

Can you pitch the tent as normal and then slide it under? Should be fairly easy with no weight in the tent.
Probably easier if you fold in such a way that partially unfolding exposes the full width. Unroll then pull through a bit at a time.
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

My tent footprint has adjustable straps same position as the tent inner footprint.
I can use the same peg or separate.
Have a word with an upholsterer or sailmaker they can make you up what you want.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.