Uploading photos to a post HELP!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cornish Neil

Uploading photos to a post HELP!

Post by Cornish Neil »

Sorry, I am a bit thick, please can someone give me some simple instructions as to how to upload an image, thanks
Time would be better spent getting the miles in instead of fretting about how many ml of meths to carry...
tommid

Re: Uploading photos to a post HELP!

Post by tommid »

You need to have the image hosted some where such as Flickr and then right click and copy the image location.
Click the IMG button above the post box (where you are writing) and the below will show up

After the first [img]paste in the image loaction, so that it ssits between the two bracketed boxes.

Preview to check it works and then submit.
valleydaddy

Post by valleydaddy »

look in FAQ section

Can I post images?
Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag.
Cornish Neil

Post by Cornish Neil »

tommid wrote:You need to have the image hosted some where such as Flickr and then right click and copy the image location.
Click the IMG button above the post box (where you are writing) and the below will show up

After the first Image
Thanks, this is what I was trying, but all I get in the preview is a little box with a question mark in, should the actual photo appear in the preview box? Have I missed a space or something somewhere?

Time would be better spent getting the miles in instead of fretting about how many ml of meths to carry...
Cornish Neil

Post by Cornish Neil »

photo.JPG by Cornish Neil, on Flickr

Got it, thanks, I was doubling up on some code somewhere.