Bivvy a Month 2016.

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheeky Monkey

Re: Bivvy a Month 2016.

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Ray Young wrote:
RIP wrote:Bad luck not much wood.... erm, on a closer look that furniture looks remarkably dry.

I'll get me coat....
I've visited a few bothies that I have found to have had their furniture burnt and it was one of the first things that crossed my mind when this little lot turned up at Bunny's. Hopefully it won't happen.
I hear the MBA prefer metal furniture for just this reason :wink: Might be nice if they could establish some tree planting in the vicinity of some to provide fuel in due course. Probably a challenge getting landowner permission and that people will try to burn anything possible in the vague vicinity of a bothy (even a green sapling) :roll:
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

It's not an MBA bothy, I think there's a lot of shooting on the estate so it's probably used for that and they'll drive any required wood in. Would be good if they left a wee stash of logs though
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

There was a bit of wood last summer at Bunny's but it had all been used by mid autumn.
GregV

Post by GregV »

3/3 popped to my favourite Peak District Knoll (again) lateish last night. Up early, then home for a shower & breakfast before work.
Imageimage by Green Vegetables, on Flickr
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

3/3

Off into the heathlands - The animal life must have thought it was Saturday night - Constant howls and barks of things being eaten/shagged/pawdicuffs.

FLV

Post by FLV »

3/3 the other day.

It was an opportune woodland snooze whilst working away from home for a few days as usual.

Quite surprising for the dog walker at 6am, I think they thought I was a dead body :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

"favourite Peak District Knoll" - nice one Greg. Would that happen to be W*r Knoll by the way? (NOOOO not that word!) Nearly tried it the other day but went for J*s C*h instead cos of nearby stream. It's a long wall, HopeX to W*r K*l (I've worn out my star key now), is the whole length flat-ish next to it? Is even the earthwork itself flat enough to perch on? Obviously feel free to guard your secret spot :-), I should just go and look meself of course ;-).

"Reg"
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
RIP

Post by RIP »

PS. lovely P7 there too. Mine's still going strong after years of abuse/love. They'd be the only things left unscathed after a nuclear attack.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

GregV

Post by GregV »

RIP wrote:PS. lovely P7 there too. Mine's still going strong after years of abuse/love. They'd be the only things left unscathed after a nuclear attack.
It's def built to last - weighs a bloody tonne but rides nice
GregV

Post by GregV »

RIP wrote:"favourite Peak District Knoll" - nice one Greg. Would that happen to be W*r Knoll by the way? (NOOOO not that word!) Nearly tried it the other day but went for J*s C*h instead cos of nearby stream. It's a long wall, HopeX to W*r K*l (I've worn out my star key now), is the whole length flat-ish next to it? Is even the earthwork itself flat enough to perch on? Obviously feel free to guard your secret spot :-), I should just go and look meself of course ;-).

"Reg"
Are there any other knolls in the peak :wink:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Grindslow Knoll, Dennis Knoll, Brown Knoll, Windy Knoll, Crookstone Knoll, Knoll Knoll (might be wrong about that one) .... (I'll shut up now :-)).

Maybe we should organise a PRT (Peaks Ride Thing(*)) visiting all the knolls in Derbyshire?

(*) Copyright Stuart BBB.

"Reg"

GregV

Post by GregV »

RIP wrote:Grindslow Knoll, Dennis Knoll, Brown Knoll, Windy Knoll, Crookstone Knoll, Knoll Knoll (might be wrong about that one) .... (I'll shut up now :-)).

Maybe we should organise a PRT (Peaks Ride Thing(*)) visiting all the knolls in Derbyshire?

(*) Copyright Stuart BBB.

"Reg"
:grin: :grin:
GregV

Post by GregV »

4/4
ImageIMG_8152 by Green Vegetables, on Flickr
ImageIMG_8128 by Green Vegetables, on Flickr

Managed a 70km wander into and out of Glenfeshie last night/this morning. Should have been doing a lot more, but after taking nearly 90 mins to cover 5km last night I quit riding, set up camp & had a delightful evening lounging in the sun in a stunning location. I'll have to go back when I'm feeling a little more perky.
Mike

Post by Mike »

A last min call and we were off to LLanwrtyd wells for a ride via some of Ians gravel route upto Moel Prysgau bothy for a night. They had forcast rain so we went prepared however we had no rain and alot of sunshine! We rode hard up alot of hills and were pretty tired by the time we arrived at the bothy at around 5 oclock. A nice early finish we arrived to a very tidy house. We had a great chilled night chatting and talking poor show as you do, drank way to much coffee and alcohol which kept us awake most of the night. We woke this morning to grey skys but no rain as we had expected. With a 35mile route back we headed out about 1030 and left the bothy and its remote location. We headed for some new trails which Myself and Stu have spoken about before but had never tried, the track is mighty fine double track all the way across however from either direction theres a big climb up! And dont try to follow the BP its not there :wink: On reaching the standing stones the views were spot on. The descent we had was full on loose rock and fast n fun. Top trip glad we didnt pay much attention to the weather or id of sat on my arse for two days
ImageP4140009 by mjc_226, on Flickr
Some tosser filled a car up with crap and dumped it
Image20160414_191541 by mjc_226, on Flickr
my favorite bothy i reckon!
ImageP4140020 by mjc_226, on Flickr
Image20160414_200259 by mjc_226, on Flickr
Having looked at these a few times we realised what the hell they were, and boy did they work well. Thanks to whoever left/made them :-bd
Image20160414_200314 by mjc_226, on Flickr
ImageP4150025 by mjc_226, on Flickr
The top at the standing stone - new tracks
ImageP4150024 by mjc_226, on Flickr
Its defo worth the ride up
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Is that the track near Doethie Mike? ...... we talk about so many :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Mike

Post by Mike »

:-bd u got it pal
Laurensdad

Post by Laurensdad »

DSC_0100.JPG
(4.63 MiB) Downloaded 594 times
Went to Arundel on the train Saturday after work, short 9 mile trundle to the sdw bivvy spot then 81 miles home on Sunday along the sdw to Winchester, then Clarendon Way to Kings Somborne, Test Way to Romsey and new forest gravel home. Fab day out! And 4/4 for this year.
Last edited by Laurensdad on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
@philg1971 Instagram
Mike

Post by Mike »

Which genesis is that?
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Just realised I've been slack and not posted in this thread. I missed out on February but Jan, March and april all done. Monsall tunnel in the snow was March, Two Bothies in Scotland on a recce of the new start to the HT550 and a lovely bivy this week on curbar edge.
Laurensdad

Post by Laurensdad »

Hi Mike, it's a 2016 Tarn that I got as a frame. rides great loaded or not! Happy to do some more pictures / specs if folks are interested.
Cheers
Phil
@philg1971 Instagram
ctznsmith

Post by ctznsmith »

3/4. Spent last week paddling along the Caledonian canal in a packraft.

https://punkrockbikeclub.com/2016/05/pa ... al-part-1/
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Just the first night out on WRT for me so that's April ticked off.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

4/4 and 5/5...managed to knock out April and May during the WRT this year...last night of April by the stream on the way to CyB and first night of May in the marquee out the back of Llangadfan pub.
Cuben palaces
Cuben palaces
P1040866.JPG (201.51 KiB) Viewed 4433 times
Greetz

S.
Chew

Post by Chew »

5/5

2 for 1 at the WRT.
A night hiding from the wind in an a sheep pen near Bwlch y Groes and then a more civilized night in a beer garden on Sunday
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

5/5 thanks to the WRT:

With Chew in the sheep pen.

In the beer garden after pie and chips and half a gallon of sleep elixir.