Sleeping bag help

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ssnowman

Sleeping bag help

Post by ssnowman »

I'd appreciate some help or opinions on sleeping bag choice please.

I'm considering buying a Cumulus lite line 200 or 300. In all probability, it will likely be used on one or two night bivvying trips in England or Wales only.

My first thought was to go with the 300, but I'm worried that this might be too hot in the summer. Therefore I'm thinking of maybe getting the 200 and supplementing with a quilt when it gets a bit chillier.

Thoughts?

Thanks
May satan walk with you
whitestone

Re: Sleeping bag help

Post by whitestone »

It's similar to what I went with - I started a thread a few months back about it. I've a PHD Minim 200 and bought a Cumulus 150 to augment it for 3 season bivvies.

Edit: Here's the thread http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpBB ... f=7&t=6217 started out in a different direction!
Last edited by whitestone on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

I'd say both those options would be good. If you did go with the warmer bag you could just unzip it and use it like a quilt in warmer conditions though (which is what I do). :cool:
ctznsmith

Post by ctznsmith »

Do you sleep warm or cold?

I sleep fairly warm and a bag that goes down to 0 degrees has seen me through everything the English (haven't tried Scotland yet) winter has thrown at me.

As said the two bags you mention have full zips so you should be able to open them up for ventilation/cooling in summer.

Although with how mild it is at the moment maybe a 4 degree bag and a quilt is a better idea!!