BB200 on a CX bike?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

darbeze

BB200 on a CX bike?

Post by darbeze »

I have a Genesis Fortitude and a Croix De Fer. I have completed the BB200 twice on the Fortitude. It is comfortable, capable and copes with everything I throw at it.

I just wondered if anyone has ever attempted the BB200 on a cross (or similar style) bike?

I have to add that having taken part in last year's tremendous BB200, I am not convinced the Croix De Fer would the correct choice..

Just a thought really....

Si
Zippy

Re: BB200 on a CX bike?

Post by Zippy »

Kevin did it on a cx bike in 2013. We pretty much rode together on and off over the 200km. He ended up finishing about 10 mins ahead of me, we were 6th and 7th I think.
FLV

Post by FLV »

The chap rode over on a Yamaha Fz6 with a CX bike on the back for 2013 too. And didnt young Ben also ride a CX one year?
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

FLV wrote:The chap rode over on a Yamaha Fz6 with a CX bike on the back for 2013 too. And didnt young Ben also ride a CX one year?
I tried, it didn't go well :lol:
Dainiusd

Post by Dainiusd »

I was with a CX bike on a bike that year. Biggest problem I had was gearing too high and dead GPS...
slarge

Post by slarge »

Any bike is possible (probably even a shopper), it comes down to how much you want to enjoy it. I would see the route first then make a call. You never know - it could be all road and gravel and some carrying, in which case a CX would be ideal. But it it's a bit rougher you might want a bit more bounce. I'll be on a front bouncer.