How's your BB200 prep' going?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

whitestone

Re: How's your BB200 prep' going?

Post by whitestone »

Single Speed George wrote:
Time to get the rollers out of the loft and fit some slicks to the Stoater...
rollers seem like they might lead to further injury as well as breakages to household items when riding in to them in an uncontrolled manner trying to break but failing with 2 broken fingers :P ...
Don't try this at home folks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybFvomdhW2Y (safe for work BTW)
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Ian wrote:BB200 prep has been significantly hampered with two fractured fingers :cry:

Did it on holiday last week on a run
Hard luck Ian - I am however struggling to fathom injuring fingers whilst running :???:
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

I feel your pain with the fingers Ian, did one of mine about 6 weeks ago. Thought it was dislocated at first & was a good job i never took my mate up on his offer to 'yank it back in'.. Turned out that there wasn't much keeping it attached to the rest of my hand!

Couldn't hold the bars properly with that hand for a few weeks & the enduro i did the other week was fun.. :???:

Done nothing yet, base fitness isn't too bad but i really need to get my shizzle on with some longer rides this month if i don't want to repeat the suffer-fest of last year. Was a steep learning curve with several failings that probably would have ended in a DNF if the weather hadn't have been so kind. At least this time round it won't be my first ride using a gps unit!
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Ian

Post by Ian »

Zippy wrote:
Ian wrote:BB200 prep has been significantly hampered with two fractured fingers :cry:

Did it on holiday last week on a run
Hard luck Ian - I am however struggling to fathom injuring fingers whilst running :???:
Well, yes technically I wasn't actually running when it happened, but the predominant activity immediately before impact of hand/ fingers with ground/large rock was indeed running.

Jase - mines nothing like as bad as yours was, but still can't hold bars properly.
Ian

Post by Ian »

whitestone wrote:
Single Speed George wrote:
Time to get the rollers out of the loft and fit some slicks to the Stoater...
rollers seem like they might lead to further injury as well as breakages to household items when riding in to them in an uncontrolled manner trying to break but failing with 2 broken fingers :P ...
Don't try this at home folks - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybFvomdhW2Y (safe for work BTW)
Looks like she didn't get the pan hot enough and it stuck to the bottom. Fail.

;)
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Am thinking in the next couple of weeks I might do the old "There and back again" on the Taff Trail. Wont help much at all with terrain prep, but it'll give me a good idea at how I deal with 12 hours in the saddle.
slowupslowdown-under

Post by slowupslowdown-under »

It's just got better now I have a bike on its way!!
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I've sadly had to hand my entry back. But for a good reason. The Gravel Lejog starts on the Monday!
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
WillieKimble

Post by WillieKimble »

so am slightly confused re the format for this year?

... it used to be the BB200, then there was chat of 290k 2 day event (sleep manatory) and now (to me) i think it seems it's back to 200 odd K again (sleep optional) ... just wondering what to prep for so I can steel my nerve appropriately!!
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

Stuart explains this year's format here...

http://bearbonesbikepacking.blogspot.co ... ng-on.html

Cheers,

Si
Polisherman

Post by Polisherman »

Going to see the GP in 50 minutes about what appears to be a hernia.

Looks like someone on the waiting list is about to get lucky! @rse.... :cry:
DrMekon

Post by DrMekon »

What sort? I just had ultrasound and they found two epigastric hernia. I have an appt with a consultant in the next two weeks, but all my medic mates reckon I should leave them alone. Six weeks off the bike sounds horrific. I've just got 3mm and 5mm lumps of trapped fat.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Been in the South of France for three weeks eating lots of bread and not cycling in which time I have achieved to add an extra 10lbs of ballast :-bd

Barter weight is even further away now :roll:
burty

Post by burty »

the extra weight will help you on the down hill sections and as extra warmth :-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Knees have been completely shot the last few days. Not even been able to walk around without pain down the inside of both legs. Resting completely today and hoping I can back onto the turbo tomorrow. =/