WIP - MYOG feed bag

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ootini

WIP - MYOG feed bag

Post by ootini »

Here's a pic or two of my Work In Progress feed bag. Basically I've taken a £2.99 clothes line peg bag from PoundStretcher, sewn in a couple of velcro straps and used an old Bontrager SyncV2 light clamp I had lying around. It's not finished, I think I need to move the velcro straps about a bit, as when there's weight in it, it seems to sag under the handlebars. This doesn't happen so much when there's a dry bag strapped to the bars, but it would be nice to used the feed bag on it's own.

I'll take some more pictures as it progresses.
Charliecres

Re: WIP - MYOG feed bag

Post by Charliecres »

I've done something very similar with what looks like an identical peg bag (although mine is the posh Brabantia-branded version :cool: ).

I used three straps - one round the bar, one round the headtube and one round the stem. It's rock solid and big enough to fit my stove and cooking kit or food for a whole day.
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

In action ...

ootini

Post by ootini »

Any pictures of the strap attachments ? Do you find it sags when using it without a bag on the bar harness ?
Last edited by ootini on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

I'll try and remember to take a pic of the straps tonight. No sag at all - it's rock solid.
samfromcas

Post by samfromcas »

Nice one ootini,well spotted,just bought two just need to get our lass to sew some Velcro on ,thanks.
ootini

Post by ootini »

samfromcas wrote:Nice one ootini,well spotted,just bought two just need to get our lass to sew some Velcro on ,thanks.
No Probs, let me know how you get on.