Quite like this

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

Quite like this

Post by TheBrownDog »

New 2-person tarpy tenty thingy from MSR. Apparently available from next month. No idea of the price. 700g plus whatever you poles weigh. Looks like a stretched out narrowed down version of their FastStash, which I also quite like. If it was 30cm taller, the canopy extended another 30cm and I could be sure the back end was proper storm proof, it'd coming close to the perfect lightweight tent for my money if I had any.

What do you reckon team?

Details here:
http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/tents ... te/product

Little vid here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc8qR6KQwK4
I'm just going outside ...
Gari

Re: Quite like this

Post by Gari »

Interesting, reminds me of the Karrimor Wedge I had in the 70s, no mesh on that though. MSR do make some nice stuff, amazingly light at 71g !!
The only downside for me is not being able to pitch an edge right down to the ground in really high winds maybe.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

No idea of the price
About £300
May the bridges you burn light your way
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I remembered seeing this somewhere, turned out it was in Trail magazine a while ago. They have the price down as £330, weight as 900g and sadly list the HH as 1200mm which means that officially, it isn't actually waterproof :???:
May the bridges you burn light your way
FLV

Post by FLV »

s8tannorm wrote:I remembered seeing this somewhere, turned out it was in Trail magazine a while ago. They have the price down as £330, weight as 900g and sadly list the HH as 1200mm which means that officially, it isn't actually waterproof :???:
Same as the new Alpkit tent spec. I fancied one till I saw that.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

HH as 1200mm
Hell, Ive got t-shirts that are more waterproof than that. Still think the design has potential - really just needs to be taller at the front and some tiedowns at the sides.
I'm just going outside ...
LSJ

Post by LSJ »

Sorry I don't get it. Lightweight yes (easy to make things helium light, when the don't add poles).Waterproof No, Spacious no, versatile No.

And especially with MSR own hubba series in mind. Hubba Hubba weight from 970 grams to 1,5 kg depending on setup. And just with the fly up, it's actual possible to do repair out of the elemnts.....

Lars